HT26

Allegro's swarming urge

Hi everyone!

It's time I had post something here. These are models that are probably finished. I might add some details though. I have tons of models in progress. Hopefully I will add more in future. Anyway, I hope you like it. :)

fi

update: (my camera has resolution over 3k so these resizes looks kinda low quality..full pictures on flickr) 

here is my BB called অক্ষয় :) 

18199748075_c0ff0848dc_k.jpg

Here is my Battlestation called অন্ধকার তারকা

18447578211_dc0db9b2ec_b.jpgsss

Here is WIP of my battlecruiser squad: names are: উদ্বিড়াল and  মিথুনরাশিস্থ তারাবিশেষ

18257998238_023a5e252d_b.jpg

Hello again, I made some progress: Here is BB and 4 nidus frigates.. :)

(I've decided to make bronze parts more darker so BB is actually WIP)

I haven't find a way how to post them with reasonable quality (sorry) so here are links..

http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9628/9628938_e36ea2069da27ca6d47db8968d509782/images/BB.jpg?ver=0
http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9628/9628938_e36ea2069da27ca6d47db8968d509782/images/nidus.jpg?ver=0

A dark wash followed by a lighter bronzy color drybrush will make that pop.

That's funny because...

My bronze consist of:

#1 Sycorax Bronze as base colour.

#2 Seraphim Sepia Shade for whole base.

#3 Agrax Earthshade for lower parts (holes)

#4 Nuln Oil Shade for a little bit darker/used feel

#5 Golden Griffon Dry paint for lighting effects.

3 shades + 1 dry should be enough. It's hard to make a good photography because that bronze reflects light and it just looks different than in RL. ah I will do something about it..

Hello again, I made some progress: Here is BB and 4 nidus frigates.. :)

(I've decided to make bronze parts more darker so BB is actually WIP)

I haven't find a way how to post them with reasonable quality (sorry) so here are links..

http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9628/9628938_e36ea2069da27ca6d47db8968d509782/images/BB.jpg?ver=0

http://img14.rajce.idnes.cz/d1402/9/9628/9628938_e36ea2069da27ca6d47db8968d509782/images/nidus.jpg?ver=0

gallery_4708_889_92954.jpg

BB.jpg?ver=0

nidus.jpg?ver=0

Big enough ? ;)

The battleship could use some further detailing imo.

I have used so far: 4 base colours, 2 colours for dry brush, 5 type of shades, 1 dry colour.

Please remember that BB is actually WIP, it's not finished yet, but I do welcome any suggestion how to make it better. Give me more specific ideas. :) (I originally wanted to make more blue parts over the ship but then it felt like ugly idea.. )

What would you add? :)

PS: for the pictures.. they are actually soo big that it looks bad.. :D

So..

If I understand correctly..

#1 making those dark green lines black instead.
#2 make some parts dark metal

I'm not sure where are recesses behind beam structures.. ? I don't know where are beams.. it all feels like cannons to me.

I'm a little bit worried that dark metal will look bad with bronze.. what do you guys think? I wouldn't want to make my ships looks like clown and I certainly don't want to start over again..

If you are half decent at photoshop or similar program, you could alter your pics to see if you like it.

Well.. I have good imagination.. :D

What if I:

#1 make the bronze look better (higher contrast)

#2 make more parts bronze

#3 make more parts blue with combination of black.

Would that be better?

I can use also use more green shade into the lines all over a ship.. it will make higher contrast and it's less radical than making it black..

#1 making those dark green lines black instead.

The small grooves between the panels.

I'm not sure where are recesses behind beam structures.. ? I don't know where are beams.. it all feels like cannons to me.

The small triangles between the crossing/zigzagging ridges

I'm a little bit worried that dark metal will look bad with bronze.. what do you guys think? I wouldn't want to make my ships looks like clown and I certainly don't want to start over again..

I think a dark gun metal would not have such an effect, but tastes differ of course...

Well.. I have good imagination.. :D

What if I:

#1 make the bronze look better (higher contrast)

#2 make more parts bronze

#3 make more parts blue with combination of black.

Would that be better?

I can use also use more green shade into the lines all over a ship.. it will make higher contrast and it's less radical than making it black..

There is a lot of detail that could use some paint to bring out, but the disadvantage of bronze and other “golden” colors is that they quickly start to dominate.

No problem if that's the effect you're looking for of course, but if it isn't you'll have to be careful.

The model, imo, needs more depth, and the easiest way to do that is applying a black wash and/or paint all the recesses/grooves black by hand.

Well thanks for clarification and feedback guys.. I will discuss it with painters in my gaming group (Erebi, Kurgan & others) and will see what I can do with it.. :)

You're in good hands then ;)

If I might ask, how did you achieve the greenish hull color?  I would like to borrow that color for a few Spartan ships that I am using for Full Thrust. :)

#1 base colour is warboss green

#2 then I used biel-tan green shade all over base colour

#3 dry brush everything with elysian green

#4 little dry brush effects (depending on taste) and highlights with ogryn camo

Hope that helps you billclo :) 

Hi guys, I finally have a new phone (=camera) so I can share with you my progress.. these are changes I made with BB .. hope you like it :)

Check my Flickr also.. photos there are in full quality..  https://www.flickr.com/photos/132846252@N03/18199748075/in/datetaken/

here is my BB called অক্ষয়  :) 

18199748075_c0ff0848dc_k.jpg