Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

projectmanhatten5

Codename Iron Scorpion Pre-Order Upgrade

Hey guys!

I just received an e-mail from SG that we get an additional unit for free if you pre-ordered it at SG :D
This is for the delay on the C: IS box sets.

People who pre-ordered it check you mailbox.

All my disappointments are GONE! This is great service :D

Thanks Spartan Games for being awesome

So people who pre-ordered C: IS, lets reply :)

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

I preordered through The War Store. I got the War Master figure. It's just if you pre order for it period I think.

No, the guys that preordered from the spartan website got emails to pick a bonus squad as "compensation" for the delay in despatch. Warmaster Schneider is still going to be in their boxes

Oh? Ok, that's pretty sweet. Still it should be done for all the preorders no matter where they were ordered from. We had to wait too. I was one of the first 5 people to pre order from the war store months ago, and the war store is Spartans displayer/seller for U.S. conventions like Gen Con.

I'm still going to contact them about it tomorrow. I didn't get my IS box until just thus last Friday due to it not getting to the war store last tuesday. Thats 3 weeks after it should have shipped out. Some compensation should be in order for the rest of us. I'm missing bases to boot.

You can mail them for the bases and that is disappointed indeed but the LGS got there package earlier, they where first priority. Some people who pre-ordered it on the SG Webstore still dont have a notification that it is shipped so consider yourself lucky (I consider myself lucky)

Umm The War Store didn't get them in until last week, and the only reason I got mine Friday is they take care of their customers and so bit the Bullet and did 3 day shipping at their expense. They shouldnt have had to do that The C:IS was listed as out BY the 22nd ON Spartans own site. That means they should have shipped out so that The War Store and FLGS had them available on the 22nd. Mind you that's how things work for the most part here in the USA. Not sure how they work across the pond. I Shot them off an Email about both situations, so we shall see how they respond

Do you even know why it was delayed?

Because I think you don't and being "aggressive" towards SG isn't going to help you on any positive way. Just have patience that is the best and you got the earlier then most people here so still, consider yourself lucky, have respect towards SG and be happy you have your box stop nagging and go play with your miniatures like everyone does who received the box.

I was told by Neal, the owner of the war store that the delay was caused by shipping problems on Spartans end.b thus was told to him in a despatch from spartan. Like i said, I brought it up to them along with the issue of my missing bases. I can't yet play without those for my figures. All I can do is drool on the box and think about paint schemes.

Yes, they has printing issues lots of them so it was their problem but it was a problem not intended, could happen to anyone. And they are expanding so it is a warzone there so keep that in mind to.

Missing bases, you mean all of just a couple? And you can always assemble the model parts.

Still accept this negative event, sh*t can happen and dont get yourself up to much about it, no here that received his/her box did so why would you?

Also it is Neil ;)

I don't think they should roll it out to all pre-orders, Spartan prioritises their distributors and sellers, so independent stockists will be sent their stock before orders from the Spartan Webstore are dispatched. In this instance all Iron Scorpion boxes were delayed due to the aforementioned printing issue including to stockists but stores will still get theirs before Spartan store orders are dispatched. So an offer to people who ordered through the store and will receive their boxes last seems reasonable to me.

I don't think they should roll it out to all pre-orders, Spartan prioritises their distributors and sellers, so independent stockists will be sent their stock before orders from the Spartan Webstore are dispatched. In this instance all Iron Scorpion boxes were delayed due to the aforementioned printing issue including to stockists but stores will still get theirs before Spartan store orders are dispatched. So an offer to people who ordered through the store and will receive their boxes last seems reasonable to me.

Yes indeed, couldn't agree more with you

I pre-ordered mine from my Local game store to avoid DHL shipping. (I do not like the way DHL provides "free" shipping to Spartan - I still needed to pay 40 dollars the last time I ordered something with 'free' shipping - and almost half of that was DHL service fees. Meanwhile I've never had to pay a cent for items I've used paid shipping on for delivery. Go figure. )

FLGS Still doesn't have it, and I'm not expecting the Warmaster figure either. 

Well I will disagree with y'all. I think All pre-orders should get it, and I politely said so in my Message. I didn't jump them on it, just said I was disappointed and gave my opinion. I'm a Jerk, not a complete A you know what. Also, I was talking Neal who owns the War Store, not Neil who works for Spartan, just to clarify. As for my Order itself, I am missing one small base, and one 40mm base. EDIT: I found one of the Bases.  

Procchi, if you Pre-Ordered, you WILL get the Warmaster figure.

Ya know, IF they get more CoA mini's out before November so I can actually have my army to play my friends with some variety, I'll actually be happy. Right now though, With only 2 Squads, theres not much play even IF I had my 3 missing bases.

Playing smaller games (and that campaign the box come with) is actually great fun. We mostly played small games in 1.0.

That being said, I agree that the sooner we get some extra stuff the better.  :D I guess SG could (easily?) release the starter box models seperately in November. A entirely new unit would even be better though.  :rolleyes:  :P

Well... Why not replace the feet with threads? Gives you the option of shooting too (or welding a Automata torso to a snowmobile chassis? Hmm...) :-D

Kidding aside; I hope to see a line infantry box for each of the new factions, and perhaps a veteran section and officer as well (without starter boxes, that is the basics needed), although the RC might need to get priority (the others do have dual line sections and command in CIS), as I assume that such a release might drag out over at least two months, what with Planetfall and all getting released at the same time.

Why not disks that sit under the torso making them float?

I can see there being two possible routes with this;

Either, the vault has a few set designs that the covenant are able to produce, and tinker with. This would lead to strange hybrids where covenant scientists weld several existing designs together to create new ones. You could have a centaur like 4 legged ironman made from two of them, or sticking the torso of an ironman on top of a drone skimmer for example.

Or, covenant scientists can just create whatever design they like in which case pretty much anything is fair game.

I think it is a mix... The external frame can probably be adapted, but I imagine that the internal components are a bit more set in stone. Then again, Monique is credited with developing the brains of the Automata, so... either she figured out how to interface the Vault tech and actually use it, or she had access to some serious design frameworks in the Vault (I admit I'm probably over thinking this a bit, but considering my profession I think I'm allowed to...) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.