Sign in to follow this  
YuRo

PA vs Diving

Hi all admirals!

I'm playing a lot with PA, trying to maximize it as much as I can, fielding 1 Aristotle 1 Diophantus & 3 Zeno, great weapon indeed.

But how does it work against model occupying the submerged level?

Are indiscriminate attack "immune" in some way to the "always partially blocked" when firing to diving?

If it suffers normal penalty they are a little(a lot) weak against diving models.

Just one more question: PA & time flow gen

A model under or behind the template gets only half of the AD by a PA?

This should be a non-issue for the PA- it only hits models on the same height level as the firer, so in the case of a surface model firing at a submerged model, it simply cannot attack that model. In the case of models which are wave lurking, the PA becomes submerged, and counts as such for targeting- so surface-to-diving firing does not come up.

As for the Time Dilation field...I'm not sure, I had this come up in a game as well.

Don't have the rule book with me, but the TD field applies 'partially blocked' to the firing weapons? I don't think the PA can be partially blocked due to it being indiscriminate - that was the way we played it, but could be totally wrong.

The PA Ignores the dilation field, so yes you can put Zenos, Aristotles and other PA equiped vessels (And the Battle Orb ;)) under a dilation field and still fire your PA at full effect. Also the PA doesn't "Target" a vessel so can you fire your PA also when not having LoS on a model. If not mistaking, your PA also travels trough terrain without any penalties

To answer some of the pg number questions:

PG 123 CERB 4th bullet point down "Particle Accelerators only affects models on the same height lvl"  so if your aristotle/diaphantus is wavelurking, it will hit models on the submerged height lvl only with its PA.

Same page 2nd to last paragraph about the middle of it. "... until the line reaches either the dege of the tabletop, moves into a range band where it has no attack dice listed, or any part of the template makes contact with a piece of intervening terrain with an elevation bonus" So your template will travel its line until one of those 3 situations, so shooting through terrain with an elevation bonus is a no, stuff on top of the terrain and behind it do not get hit (1.1 was bad with this cant tell you how mad I made my Prussian friend hiding a metzger behind a mountain it was not nice)

Pg 88 CERB Indescriminate Attacks ignore all of the following: (2nd bullet point) All Defensive Generator Effects   PG 154 Generators, Defensive Generators, 2nd gen is the Dialation field Generator.  Since this is a defensive Generator, and indescriminate attacks say "to hell with you" in a bad arnold voice to defensive generators the dialation field does not effect PA's, which I had not really thought a lot about but now I am muahahahahahaha.

Hope that helps!