Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

projectmanhatten5

The Tale of Many 2.0 Dystopian Legions Players

Hey Tale Players (and viewers),

Here is the topic where people can post their Tale of their armies.
Personally I will start immediately when my Starter Set arrives and the rest will add their content when possible :D

Thanks for reading and for adding content.

And Tale Players, have fun :D

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

So I will go first with my plans, still I cannot add dates because I don't have the C: IS but when it arrives I will add my dates and plans.

Codename: Iron Scorpion Tale Plan

Unboxing and making pictures of it: Day of arrival - 2 days after.

Assembling all the CoA models: Done in 3 days

Base coating and Painting the models: Done in 3-5 weeks max (I have vacation so I increased the max time)

Doing (demo) battles: between the painting and assembling I will do some (demo) battles, with battle reports of course ;)

YES YES YES

My Codename Iron Scorpion has being shipped out! By my calculations it will arrive around Tuesday-Wednesday. 

When it arrives I will do an unboxing with pictures (because I suck at recording) and give some details about the models, scenery and such.

The same evening I will start assembling some models and I will upload those pictures to.

Well I will try, My evenings are all planned full but I'm doing my best to finish them tomorrow, the Automatas are a b*tch due XD

And my vacation (Saturday) is coming up, but I take them with me so my painting schedule while be increased by 1-2 weeks, but everything will come online ;).

I will upload some picture of the models I finished yesterday (1 Automata, 4 Commandos, 3 Sphere Drones, Monique and the Drone Controller)

ALSO: Thursday I have a demo battle against RoF and be sure that there will be a battle report ;)

Hey all.

First time tale teller long time know it all.

I played my first actual game yesterday. 2000pts of my Britannians against Drachenfutters Prussians. we played across and 8ft by 4ft board.

Having played the previous edition I was fully expecting a game with 2 sections a side to take hours. Even with a heavy Ironclad each we had 4-6 squads including command squads.

2.5 hours and the bloodbath was over! This may seem like a while but with rules checking and my constant questions our actual time was considerably less.

The game is faster, far more brutal and Heavy Ironclads hit like a brick in a sock.

My Terrier exploded the Waltz early in the game and vaporised a Teutonic knight.

The Teutonic knights them selves are pant wettingly scary but dislike being set fire too or taking 122lb shells to the face.

Tanketts are fantastic skirmishers. The Prussian ones took out my Armstrong 14lb'er and minced my infantry over a few turns.

The game could play without command points as an excellent tactical system. The command points add a bit of ooomph and can let you pull lots of interesting tricks such as cutting down bayonette charges, precision fire, adding firepower and getting terrified chaps back into the fight.

I would have prefered the minus to-hit system liek in DW, but htat is only after experiencing one game.

Oh and Hussars. i was disappointed when I saw them on paper (well the screen of my kindle) but by jove they are amazing!

I am currently revising rules and painting scotsmen.

This Sunday (19th) myself and Solar are helping Drachenfutter run a Legions demo/intro day. Come along if you find yourself in Sheffield:

This is where we will be:

http://the-outpost.co.uk/about-us/how-to-finds-us.html

I cannot wait.

Also feel free to join our clubs facebook page: Dystopian Legion Officers Mess (yeah I recycle names, see KoB Community, s'good for the environment).

Yesterday I was so elated yesterday to find that the Legions has had a lick of intellectual paint. I loved the concept but 1.0 (or 0.1, it was always a beta) was too clunky. Legions 2.0 is soooo goooood!!!!

Well done Spartan *doffs hat*

I am currently revising rules and painting scotsmen.

This Sunday (19th) myself and Solar are helping Drachenfutter run a Legions demo/intro day. Come along if you find yourself in Sheffield:

This is where we will be:

http://the-outpost.co.uk/about-us/how-to-finds-us.html

I cannot wait.

Also feel free to join our clubs facebook page: Dystopian Legion Officers Mess (yeah I recycle names, see KoB Community, s'good for the environment).

Yesterday I was so elated yesterday to find that the Legions has had a lick of intellectual paint. I loved the concept but 1.0 (or 0.1, it was always a beta) was too clunky. Legions 2.0 is soooo goooood!!!!

Well done Spartan *doffs hat*

Nice you enjoy the new version. I will have my first game in two days. I will run a small demo game to get two new players to join DL.

If Spartan Games just would get their ORBATs in order, it's hard to sell a new game if the rules ar all over the place...

I'm envious, I'm not sure when I'll actually be able get a game in, but it won't be too long, I hope...

Tale progress:

Day 0: received package, checked contents so that nothing was missing (no unboxing pics due to crappy phone), and started washing the first batch of models (the non-automata members of the CoA force). Assembly and wash of the rest will hopefully happen during day 1.

Day 2, The end of raging is insight:

So Yesterday I made a lot of progress, 2 automatas left to finish. BTW Automatas are the worst models to assemble. There was more frustration and rage in me thanks to the models then I got from my ex-girlfriend....Man i'm taking this hobby to serious ^_^ ....still I finished up 8 of them and my current technique for it really works well. (Glue one leg on it and leave it to dry for 1 hour and but the other leg on the base, then when it is dry, glue them together).

I also started on the HDF building and that thing is awesome. The structure it self and the way you build it is great. I finished the main building up in 10 minutes :D.

Here are some picture of my models and the scenery. Today I will finish the last 2 Automatas and the ruined structures, Thursday I will have a demo and friday I will basecoat most model for my week vacation.

CoA Models 1

CoA Models 2

CoA Models 3

CoA Models 4

Ruins with Automata 1

Ruins with Automata 2

Feel free to comment and post your (Tale) progress.

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

Day 3: Finished the first box

Yes! Yesterday I finished the assembling of my first Codename Iron Scorpion box. Today I will receive another CoA Army (Trading my RoF for his CoA) and I still have 6 additional Commandos to finish for my officers Command Section.

And yes the Automatas are still b*tches xD.

In the evening I will have a battle CoA vs RoF and a battle report will be made with Picture ;)

But for now, here are some (low quality) pictures of my last 3 Automatas, the full CoA C: IS army and the scenery:

Automatas 1

CoA CIS Full

Ruines

Tomorrow the Battle Report will be online.

Kind Regards,
Lorenzo

Day 1-2:

Cleaning, washing and assembling of my Commandos and other humans from the CIS box, and my first Elite choice for the force: a section of Black Wolf mercs! Their smoke tricks and torrent of firepower should complement my Commandos nicely, and will enable me to play a bit higher points against 1.0 forces.

Still no pictures, but There is no difference between my unpainted minis and Projects above...

A first game booked for Saturday! I'm debating if I should go Prussian or Penguin....

Day 3-6:

Cleaning and assembling the rest of the humans (done on day 4), and the Iron Men of the force.

I have to agree with everything Projectmanhatten says above regarding the assembly of the Automatons; while I appreciate the pose-ability of the multipart models, I'm going to need some calming medication before taking on another section... I might need to reconsider a second section based on this alone (OK, not really, the image of a horde of faceless robots bearing down on my opponent is too tempting, but it made me pause for a moment).

I also feel that the detailing is slightly less crisp compared to the other new models, and the casting flash is much worse ( I've had several torsos with half the leg socket filled with metal, took a while to clean out, and required modification of the leg ball joint as well). If any models need to switch to resin, it is these guys...

I did play a game this Saturday, but using my Prussians, as the Covenant forces were still in a state of disassembly. Battle report to follow separatedly (but overall I really like the new rules).

Next up: The actual productive steps, priming and painting!

Day 13, A lot of delayment

I returned from vacation but my plans have changed, with the purchase of The Evil Within, my deadlines for my project at work and some private problems my painting planning is extended to an unknown date.

I will however post pictures of all painted models in the next couple of weeks.

Also I uploaded my BattRep of my first battle 2 weeks ago: 

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/11745-battle-at-retruvique-1000-points-coa-vs-rof-pics/#entry214880

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.