Sign in to follow this  
D6Damager

Veydreth vs. Ba'Kash can't decide...

Looking to pick up one of these fleets but can't decide between the two. From what I can tell on paper, they both seem to be "in your face" type playstyles with the Ba'Kash being more durable and short ranged and the Veydreth having slightly longer ranges and a ton of mines.

They both have ambush, good boarding, and decent speed.

Are mines really worth it? As that seems to be the major distinction in firepower. Or am I missing something?

You've got a pretty good grasp on it. Mines are definitely good as correct placements can wipe out a tier 3 squadron, or cripple a tier 2.

Both are excellent play styles. I'd suggest proxies for a couple of test games and seeing what you like the feel of better.

Yeah looks-wise the Ba'Kash > Veydreth IMO. The Veydreth have a sort of roided out Terran look. Will hold final judgement until I see actual painted models.

Just trying to get a feel for playstyle differences. Not many Armada players in my area and the ones that do play core races.

Right now I'm leaning towards Veydreth because I also like the Terakians and Ryushi.

With alliance fleets look at the other minor factions. However that being said i have the Ba'kash and their battlecarrier is a beast. With all of its weapon systems it can almost destroy a squadron of cruisers all by its lonesome in a single turn.