swastakowey

Medusa Class Dreadnought

I have just started Firestorm Armada and have got a large fleet a few days ago. 

To finish it off I wanted a dreadnaught. Specifically the 

Medusa Class Dreadnought

But I can only fine a Kraken one off the website. Is the Medusa no longer available? Because I much prefer the Medusa. 

Cheers

It is the prettier model in my opinion. I dont care if its a hassle to store and transport. Having that thing on the table is a great sight to behold.

It is, my gaming friend E has one and it looks damn intimidating on the table.

If I get a dread for my Aquans, it will be either the Kraken or the Terquai Resulka.

I was in the same situation not long ago. Yes it's now OOP and it's very hard to find one. Also, the tendril bits that Spartan sell is not the the long flowing tentacles that go on the Medusa. It's the resin pointy that for the "maw". I know, I bought them thinking they would be the tentacles.

I now have my own Medusa now and it's really an excellent model. I just hope the tentacles never break.

Bet you a buck we find out next month. ;)

I would squee like a wee groundhog!  I love the re-designs that they show for the Assault/Torp cruisers in the Kurak Alliance book, its fairly different but still retaining some similar elements of the past models. Only thing that irks me is the fact that torps are now port/starpord weapons and the original models the torp barrels were on the nose... and the sides were covered up with massive hull plates... oh well... another excuse to get Terquai models.

terquai_torpedo_cruiser_by_rancemeister-

IMGP0094.JPG

I would squee like a wee groundhog!  I love the re-designs that they show for the Assault/Torp cruisers in the Kurak Alliance book, its fairly different but still retaining some similar elements of the past models. Only thing that irks me is the fact that torps are now port/starpord weapons and the original models the torp barrels were on the nose... and the sides were covered up with massive hull plates... oh well... another excuse to get Terquai models.

terquai_torpedo_cruiser_by_rancemeister-

Yeah I know what you mean, but that's why I parted with mine (well among other reasons :ph34r: )   I do hope they're out next month, that way I can ask for them for x-mas (gods I love my partner and her mom for feeding my geeky-side).

Darn, I just purchased them. And when I got them the other day I didnt think they looked as good as the pictures. Well I liked everything except the big meta things on the sides. 

If I had only known sooner. Oh well. I thought the ship in the rulebook was an older one haha. I look forward to the new models though.