Sign in to follow this  
Aehriman

Decisions, decisions...

My Terran fleet is put together, and undergoing refit (painting). I will probably add more to it over time, but right now it is at a comfortable 1200pts of flexible Terran goodness.

My dilemma is this. What do I do next? I think I have it narrowed down between Ba'Kash (who doesn't love space shotguns hidden under metal claw arms) and Veydreth (sneaky fast mine placement, boarding and hilarity), but I am having a hard time deciding which I want.

Does anyone have first hand experience with or against either faction? I have gone through the fleet specific threads already, but there isn't a whole lot in there with the new rules in play.

Thanks for your time.

Ba'kash are really brutally straightforward. Very effective short range firepower and excellent boarding.

They do lack in PD a bit, but battle carriers can provide interceptors.

I have some posts on my blog about the Ba'kash assembly and box contents.

Here's the assembly : https://thedicehateme.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/a-tale-of-4-fsa-mers-assembled-bakash/

Here's the box contents : https://thedicehateme.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/kedorian-and-bakash-unboxing-and-the-project-of-doom/

Have you gotten any use out of the destroyers? 

I really like the look of the Ba'Kash (hard to tell how good the Veydreth will look from the pics so far) other than those destroyers, they just seem out of place. How are they in person?

They are really great models in person. The cruisers and heavy cruisers are beasts.

Ba'kash destroyers are great. With their scatter weapons and ambush they can take out frigates with ease. The special forces are enough to take many enemy ships in the game.

Solid all round.