Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zacharybinks

Painting Fleshtones

Hey all, I was curious to hear what are some people's tactics for tackleing painting fleshtones on your models. Especially non-Caucasian colors. I want some variety in both in the French and CoA forces when the new box comes out!

Here's a rather intensive method I found on BoLS

I am sure there are others. Send them in.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/09/tutorial-painting-faces-by-tyler-mengel.html?m=1

I do it very simple and that is why my models are all having a light colour skin. I start with a medium dark brown and then paint over it with a humanskin colour. that's about it. I doesn't give as much details in the face but it is good for me.

Still I have to figure how to give some of my models a darker skin tone for the afro-Americans for my CoA Army. I have some ideas but never did it before.

I have various trios of flesh tones from Foundry - Dark African through to Oriental - as well as some Vallejo flesh tones.  For my Britannians I used South American Flesh as a basecoat, then highlighted with South American Flesh Light, finishing with Medium Fleshtone.

Because CoA forces would be multi-national I will use a variety of shades in the human units.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.