Sign in to follow this  
Pious Van Dorn

Black Wolf drop in's

Hey Dunc,

I do the same but ever battle I get more the idea to give the manticore the Main Turret. The Dilation Field is nice but it has a short range and when you get close most of the time the Manticore is down or still not in range of a good target.

For the Battle Cruiser the Guardian Gen is the best choice. It has a Continues defences and It gives a 1D6 shield to your smalls. I always do a combo of Manticore, Nemesis and 4 Furies within 8" of each other. 1D6 Shield for Manitcore and Furies and Furies gain a Sustained Fire 1 MAR. It is really a good combo. Or I place a Nemesis with my Commodore Death Bringer. A Death Bringer Sub that is submerged with a 1D6 Shield gen is pretty good :)

And indeed the Rocket Battery isn't relative. It has enough AD to engage Smalls maybe mediums but for the rest it hasn't enough AD to do critical damage

Hopefully you can do something with this info.

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

I only ever use the Guardian for the Nemesis and the Main Turret for the Manticore.

The Guardian is quite an obvious choice and since I play my Black Wolf agressively, I am in range of the turret in turn two at the latest.

yeah but on 1000 points I can only upgrade 1 Manticore with a Main Turret.

Death Bringer Submarine 150

Manticore Support Vessel 110

+Dilation Field

Manticore Support Vessel 130

+Main Turret

Nemesis Battle Cruiser 130

+Guardian Gen

+Guardian Gen

Fury Frigates 4x 100

Fury Frigates 4x 100

Total 1000

Thanks guys - seems like an interesting topic :)

I looked at the Manticore with no main turret and I does scream no fire power - even with the rockets.

I play eotbs too so I do loves me some rocketry but 9 dice is a bit pants considering that 3 Nakatsu have 10 combined at rb4

Thinking that guardian gen is the way forward on the cruisers but the dilation gen give 1/2 ad to anyone shooting through the template? No mileage there at all as that seems pretty strong

Yes but it also does the same for you and you must activate it before moving. So you cannot move, shoot and place the template over your models. You have to make a choice considering the generator has a short range you cannot place it on opponent models to annoy them

yeah but on 1000 points I can only upgrade 1 Manticore with a Main Turret.

Manticore Support Vessel 110

+Dilation Field

Manticore Support Vessel 130

+Main Turret

+Guardian Gen

+Guardian Gen

Fury Frigates 4x 100

Fury Frigates 4x 100

Total 1000

Have you considered taking a third Nemesis instead of the second Death Bringer, or the troop transport from the Merchant Fleet, with its crew becoming Elite for 100 points?

Never thought about that trick XD
That is very very awesome I have to play test that.

And i dont own a third nemesis and with DL coming up i cannot effort myself to by a second BWM Fleet.

But the Death Bringer is a very good vessel. in RB it is really dangerous and I have played many battles with it. As long as it is submerged it is a pain in the ass.

And for my OCO i use 9/10 time a Magenta MKII with heat lance and Cloud gen.

Or when I ally I use the Valkeries Fury Heavy Bomber or the CWoFA Carrier

Sometimes i take the Invaders Scarab Hive Ship or the Harvester Hive Ship. Those 2 models are very hardcore in a BWM fleet and some people really are confused at my LHS that is it possible XD
You are reading the rules on a abstract way but it is legit :D MWHAHAHA

Nikinov found his little new toy

Never thought about that trick XD

That is very very awesome I have to play test that.

And i dont own a third nemesis and with DL coming up i cannot effort myself to by a second BWM Fleet.

But the Death Bringer is a very good vessel. in RB it is really dangerous and I have played many battles with it. As long as it is submerged it is a pain in the ass.

And for my OCO i use 9/10 time a Magenta MKII with heat lance and Cloud gen.

Or when I ally I use the Valkeries Fury Heavy Bomber or the CWoFA Carrier

Sometimes i take the Invaders Scarab Hive Ship or the Harvester Hive Ship. Those 2 models are very hardcore in a BWM fleet and some people really are confused at my LHS that is it possible XD

Well, if you ever tried to bring an Invader ship into a normal game against me and seriously meant it, without me having specifically agreed to it in advance, I would have simply refused to play against you. That day and ever again.

Read the Invaders PDF again, please. They are in no way meant to be used in fair games. If you do not want to play fair, find another opponent...

It is not intended that the Invaders are ever used in an Alliance, through 'One Careful Owner', or any other way of having them on the same side as any human whatsoever.

The Invaders rules  will be tightened up, so there will be no way to do this.

James

On the moment it is possible and people agree it is awesome because (iam sorry to say) our LHC is not so lame like you Watchdog. They agree with everyone as long as they have fun and they dont immediately start  nagging about it and telling that they will absolutely not play against someone who thought things true and thinks outsides the box. I think it is a shame that you are not like them because it is and stays and MWG, a hobby where you have to think outside the box. And there is a difference between having fun and massive competitive play because that is what you do and that isnt fun so I will never play against you because that will not be a fun match. If I wane win fair I can, but winning doesnt mean that you have a fun, good and nice game for both you and the opponent!

And yes it is possible I have readed it many many times because the Invaders are my second army. I can use them as the OCO

Design Note: The Invaders are designed as an outside of canon expansion for the Dystopian World. 

They are absolutely not intended to be used competitively, or to be remotely balanced compared to human Models!
 If facing the Invaders, ANY human Forces may form a temporary alliance in order to repel them. These 
alliances will often simply be referred to as 'Humans'

Copied this from the Invader rules. It doesnt say i cant and the OCO says any non russian and non covenant model from any force list

"One Careful Owner"

The Black Wolf Force may include in their Force List a single Large Model chosen from any Force List other 
than the Russian Coalition or Covenant of Antarctica. This carefully purloined Model is governed by the following
rules

so i can do this rule wise and you guys are wrong that I cant.

I understand stand you James but why not tell people in the OCO the following:

You can add a Invader Large model but with promision of your opponent. Adding Invader Large models to your force in competitive games is not allowed.

My opponent and I always have fun with the BWM having an Invader Scarab/Harvester Hive Ship. Why take it away. DW is to have fun and do weird stuff, just like the Columbian Land Train:

Designers Note

The Model is not intended for competitive play.
The Land Train is designed to be a fun, scenario-driven element, which allows players to craft a multitude of different combinations...and even
come up with a few more!
We have deliberately left a few carriages without rules to encourage this!

You guys made this to have fun, people who can make their own carriages so why is that allowed but adding an Invader Model to non-competitive gaming is not?

I really dont see a difference if it is noted correctly in the PDFs, right?

Because I think many people agree with me that this is a cool thing to do, Black Wolf and Non-Black Wolf Players

Insulting other players is hardly helping any of your arguements. And an unfair game using what are known to be unfair models isn't any fun for the other person if they haven't agreed to it and are expecting a fair game.

There is a reason you need permission and can't randomly show up with these models and spring them on someone who didn't agree. It's rude, unfair, and selfish to insist someone play against you in a knowingly one sided game. 

I'm calm but people that start nagging about ideas and starts turning them down are people who i dont like. This is only giving critics without some positive feedback. That kind of people cant have a good discussion. When helping people you give positive and negative feedback not only negative and direct offensive critics. Because that is useless and irritates me. And maybe i insult him, then my apolozies but i give arguments with my opinion.

So you can tell me it is unfair etc etc and say iam an unfair player but iam not. Because we like fun. Maybe some people lost that because winning is more important for them.but DW was based on having fun if not mistaking, right?

I'm quite happy to run Main Turret/Dilation Field on my Manticores, and DF/Guardian on my Nemesises. A second guardian usually finds its way into my fleet by the OCO-rule. DF allows my fleet to still exist in turn three, and it allows some tricks with boarding. In later turns, it allows you to divide the opponents fleet a bit, if he wants the fleet to have an effect. I've yet to regret this setup.

A raj heavy battleship would not be a bad choice at all. Time flow gen for extra speed, three piercing turrets and a fairly strong boarding ability. It does not bring much that the black wolf can't themselves bring, but it reinforces their strength and a close range fleet can always use a little extra speed (on top of kinetic :P)

My opponent brought a new O.C.O this last weekend with his Black Wolf when he faced off against my Italians (my first time out with them, he was not gentle...) he brought the Eagle war rotor, two decent piercing turrets, bombs, mines, and a 12" guardian shield for only 145 points is not too bad...  I blew it out of the sky eventually causing a good majority of his remaining forces to break... still wasnt enough.

His nemesis not only took out 2/3 of a Gladius squad but put the only crit on an undamaged Mars to teleport it to the edge of the board forcing it off the next turn for the win.  The game was a lot of fun, the Eagle did really well and was pretty cheap.