Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Dan

Race-Specifc tactics for Sorylians

Let´s organize this a bit!! ^_^

I Know there are general tactics against Enemy X, but I think it could be better to think what can we do against an specifc enemy if we follow this format:

Opposing faction:

Tactic name: (optional)

Fleet size: (points)

-ships

T1

T2

T3

Tactic description: (key moves, important models etc..)

Recommended TAC cards:

Tactic variant:

Fleet changes:

Recommended TAC cards:

So this way we have a sorted out index of tactics and counter-tactics (Lets mask-up infiltrate the other forums :lol: )

I think this is going to be harder than just basic Sorylian tactics because many of the tactics that I can think of are not against a specific faction but rather may take tweaks for one or two types of enemy. I would like to write this up but having the first space to answer being "Opposing Faction:" makes it difficult when I want to be more broad.

Breaking down by faction isn't even enough. You can build many factions with different focus, where an opponent would need to switch tactics.

The best tactical knowledge will come from knowing the enemies you face.

Considering many factions can focus different ways, it's hard to know the enemy we face until they start deploying and we have already chosen our lists. Because of that, I think we should be making plans in the form of our fleet building tactics and deeper strategies of how to use our ships and synergies, and also consider how the enemy will counter our tactics. Maybe this approach would be fitting:

Tactic name: (optional)

Fleet size: (points)

-ships

T1

T2

T3

Tactic description: (key moves, important models etc..)

Recommended TAC cards:

Enemies/strategies this tactics is not optimal against:

Variations of this tactic/list:

Close as fast as you can. Cripple Gunships and Carriers on the approach. Once you are in tight gun racks are terrible.

Focus on cruisers and frigates. They are easy to destroy and pack a punch if left alone.

Warwolves are great for sniping ships while your broadside vessels close for the kill. Combine with Plumbatas for scout redeployment and you can point the wolves at whatever you want to kill.

If they're out of SRS coverage Dindrenzi ships (esp cruisers) suffer quite badly from torpedo plinking.With a cruiser squad fire four sets of four against a single target and you can quite a bit of damage. 

With Warwolves you'll probably want to link though to maximise the chance of triggering the nuclear MAR.