Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sic Semper Iratus

Good enough for Prussian Government work

Hey, all. I've been lurking on the forums for some time here. I'm the opponent in Drogmir's battle reports. I thought after the most recent one I should get on and start posting.

Drogmir and I are both looking eagerly awaiting the new edition and our new forces to supplement our addiction (just one more army, I swear. I could quit whenever I want). I thought I should get my Prussians painted before their French reinforcements arrive.

Sorry if the pictures are large, I took them on my phone and uploaded them pretty much immediately after taking them.

These models turned out rather badly. I learned a lot from painting them. Firstly: either base coat the models by hand or prime them with spray cans specifically sold for the hobby. I've had some good experience with krylon in the past, but this time it was just awful. It went on splotchy and too heavy. These we're going to end up being table top quality anyway and likely exchanged for the French when they arrive so I didn't bother stripping them. They won't be too bad for demo games at least.

Be careful if you buy army painter spray primer each one behaves differently....

I personally tend to prime with automotive spray primer as it won't stick to its self so you can't use too much.

Your highlights on the blue look to be in the right places, if you washed the areas with a blue wash it would help to smooth out the contrast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.