Sign in to follow this  
Garthim

Resculpts and New Models

It's possible for old models to get a resculpt, but unlikely- the current trend set in all the Fleetbooks is to have the resculpts given a new name (so you have the Phoenix and Firebird class destroyer for RSN, of which the Firebird model isn't out yet) within the class, and none of the existing marauder models have that. What I persoanlly would expect resculpted- the Brigands cause now they're completely modular rules-wise, and the pathogen for sure, because they only had 2 models really, and both had metal components.

Does the brigand have metal on it?  I know the cutthroat/outlaw will be redone but most likely the brigand also when they release the patrol box set for them.  Ya all of RSN should be redone as they all have new names. :)

I just imagine Pok sitting in front of his computer looking like his avatar with amazing 80's wrestler styled long hair, a colgate smile and the masquerade mask on his face.  :D

I'm exited to see what the Traders figs look like.  If they're like the civilian ships Spartan put out a while back, you could combine them with the new Terquai ships and have a fleet that looks a lot like something from Battlestar Galactica!

If the fleet guide is any indication…

• Omnidyne is apparently getting a battleship, which seems to be a new ship.

• Corsairs will get a battle carrier (the Racketeer).

• The Outlaw-class Frigate will be replaced by the new "Cutthroat."

I don't know the other fleets well enough to say.

Pathogen is an odd case - it's hard to say what Spartan will do there.

In the old book theres a picture of a side pod of the OmiDyne Foundry beening used as a Executive battleship. Though would'nt mind some new models, like say Cruisers and Frigates for OmiDyne with Auditor looks.  ^_^

Wish listing I know, but couldn't resist.

Shaun

I imagine the Executive will get it's own model at some point.  It's left me in a bind:  I can't decide if I should go ahead and order some Synergies and Auditors now, or wait for what would likely be a boxed set with the BB, gunships, and corvettes together.

I have each of the Omnidyne models and they are NICE. Also, the Foundry side pod for the Executive looks pretty much like it was meant to do that. It even has holes on the bottom that fit flight pegs. Can't wait to get them up and running.

Question: are the Executive and the Auditor as similar in size as they seem? Or is the former battleship-sized and the latter cruiser-sized?

I have each of the Omnidyne models and they are NICE. Also, the Foundry side pod for the Executive looks pretty much like it was meant to do that. It even has holes on the bottom that fit flight pegs. Can't wait to get them up and running. 

Yeah, I definitely DON'T want a resculpt on the Foundry or Auditor (ambivalent about the Synergy--are they smallish like the Snapper or Tyranny, or larger like the newer frigate sculpts?).

That's interesting about the Executive peg mounts.  I still think it will get a sculpt of it's own (otherwise you have to buy 2 dreads to field a dread and BB, which seems wrong), but now I'm not so sure.

I don't think that we'll suddenly see ships where it matters how they're assembled. That doesn't seem like Spartan's style.

actualy trheres a lotr ot dystopian stuff thats is in modular blocksnow but it could be more like cruiser/heavy cruiser if they choose to go that way

What about Pathogen? Are we going to see models for their new ships or will it be encouraged to model your own?

It's been confirmed that Spartan is releasing both "mature" and "captured" models, though there is as yet no indication what the former will look like or which existing ships will provide the basis of the latter.

I suggested that on the other thread: a random miscast of the appropriate size, some gribbly bits, and a tube of green stuff.

you forgot to add a but load of enthauism to finish the job :D