We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Grand-Stone

Generators?

Which generators do you use and find nice?

I think I would choose the shield if I could on any one of my ships with a generator. A disruption generator might be realy fun, to knock out enemies shields. But then, isn't it better to always have shields your self than maybe removing the enemies shields once in a while? Sure if you got 1510 point with shield but 1500 without it, I might considering saving the points.

The killer for ofensive generators is the range, which makes the probability of actually using it to be low.

Disruption is realy cool, if combined with a node generator. Its realy realy cool. One of the things which makes our heavy battleship shine like a star.

But on other ships without the node generator, is it worth it? I find no if you have to sacrifice a shield.

The sonic... Although the effect of it is supper great if you manage to pull it off, I've calculated the probability for it working to be to low (1/3*3/8+1/3*1/8 = slightly above 1/8). Allthough 12" do help, the range is still low. I would never choose a sonic on one of my heavy ships. Which is a bit of pitty cuz I do like it. Are there situations I can exploit which increases the ods of success? 

For the Hachiman I would choose the Tesla over the sonic. Sad but true.

Luckily some ships have them without you being forced to bypass shields to get it. Which is good cuz I like it.

For the Onyno a sonic generator might be more tempting, as a squad of 3 might attempt to disrupt the enemy 3 times, and thus have far greater odds of success.

But are they worth it for the sonic trick?

Please argue me wrong, but shields and disruption is the generator in use, while the sonic would not have seen much use if it weren't for the terrorship, which comes with one for free without the possibility to replacing it.

I always take the shields option on my Kaiju, Mizuchi & Sokotsu just for that extra staying power. I feel like the other options are a bit to short ranged for what i am trying to achieve in the game - the only exception to that is I can see a place for a flanking Mizuchi with a sonic generator coming on and just causing merry havoc and taking a lot of focus away from my main fleet.

The distruption generator with node-projector is a-w-e-s-o-m-e 4+ i knock out your shields/clouds before I paste you with gunnery at RB2 or RB3 yes please.

I can see the Onyno being a menace flying stratospheric with it's sonic generator - 80pts for a single one - another medium model - only hit on 6's... yep looks solid but I don't have the model so I'm yet to try.

I think adding another generator onto the Haichiman just makes it even more expensive and personally I've not bothered yet...

PvD

For the Onyno a sonic generator might be more tempting, as a squad of 3 might attempt to disrupt the enemy 3 times, and thus have far greater odds of success.

But are they worth it for the sonic trick?

remember squadrons only ever take 1 disorder tests per activation, so onyru are better as a single model unit, if you group them up target a different squadron each for the sonic.

its also worth noting you can still board the target after hitting it with sonic so if they fail the test they cant link their AA/CC against your boarding

remember squadrons only ever take 1 disorder tests per activation, so onyru are better as a single model unit, if you group them up target a different squadron each for the sonic.

its also worth noting you can still board the target after hitting it with sonic so if they fail the test they cant link their AA/CC against your boarding

Ahhh. Is that realy true? Are you sure? Then there is no reason to have more than one whatsoever... Yes it is powerful if you pull it of, but the probablility of it simply have no effect is almost 7/8.

yeah its under the section on disorder tests. it comes down to how much you want to cripple them, you could have 3 activations of 1 to increase chances of getting through or advance deploy 3 of them, fly stratospheric and tap 3 different squadrons which with some luck could send his whole fleet into disarray turn 2, if everything goes well you could have 3 squadrons that cant link or board at all, devastating

The sonic gens force *additional* disorder tests on a target

but under disorder it says "A squadron is only required to make a maximum of one disorder test per squadron activation" which flat up tells me that they take the first test and pass then they can ignore the rest. nothing in sonic generators overrides this, sonic generators are just ways to force tests on larges without causing casualties.

it's only immune to its own generator (just like disruption-equipped models are immune to their own, but not others)

Thats theopposit of that is written in the rulebook.

The effects of a Sonic Generator do not affect any other Model equipped with a Sonic Generator.

Wish we had access to fury generators. You know like setting things on fire, causing terror, making other players regret moving close to your ships.

Of all the generators, that's the one that suits the BLAZING SUN best. Would work hand in hand with incendiary weapons.

But Sonic Generators cause the squadron to take a Disorder check, so it would affect the entire squadron.

Sorry - I can see why my post is confusing - I was replying to this:

So a unit of three dropping down from stratosphere should cause serous carnage, yet remain safe from each other.

Just in case the "remain safe from each other" was a confusion with the Disruption generator, which acts across an area.