Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AsleepByDay

AsleepByDay's EotBS

Hello all, I've finished my first model for my EotBS forces. It took me a very long time to choose a colour schema that I liked and that wasn't too close to any others that I was using.

Here is the finisehd test model, I started with a yellow base coat as this makes the leather easy, the red is a mixture of wolf grey and bright red.

IMAG1880_zpsa17c1799.jpg

Thoughts?

Probably true, I don't have a lot expirence with washing gold, whit my models I go the other way arround. Black base and then highlights in gold.

But that's just a question of taste, my models usally end up looking a bit cartoony (if that's a word...). It takes me about 3 houres to finish one and I'm rather pleased with them. But then I take a look at models painted from Ángel Giráldez and I just dispair :P

Ángel Giráldez does have the advantage of being a professional - and an airbrush which accounts for a lot of his work.

I've been experimenting with blue washes over gold today, this works well but is rather rustic, brown does work well but it steers the colour towards bronze. I'll try a very light black wash on this model and see what it looks like.

Some people advise to basecoat gold areas with brown. I never really do it, but I do tend to hit my gold layers with heavy sepia washes.

An alternative is pick a bright silver and then wash several times with sepia wash. Sounds like it wont work, but it really does!

There certainly seems to be a lack of love for the EotBS on the forum. I finally finished painting my officer, who has been sat based for over a year.
I'm setting off on a campaign to get a large chunk of my DL stuff painted so more updates to follow :)
O4TBrbZ.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.