Sign in to follow this  
quiet01

STL Trader Questions and Discussion

I am very much looking this version of the Traders.

One thing that jumped out at me, the Prospector class carrier can be 1-2 squadron. Also, it lists 0-4 Militia Frigates or 0-2 Opportunity Cruisers.

How broken are the 2 Carriers with 4 Cruisers? 22AD?!?! Plus SRS? Plus torpedoes. 380 points kitted out squadron..... eeekkk!

Question: can you take accompaniments with a squadron of two? Battle Cruisers can not, just a thought.

2nd quotation, would you take advantage of split birth and field, 6 boomers and 4 Interceptors?

I would assume that since we have a precedent that battle cruisers cannot take an accompaniments that a squadron of 2 carriers cannot either.  

it makes sense, otherwise that would be crazy and expensive.

I would assume that since we have a precedent that battle cruisers cannot take an accompaniments that a squadron of 2 carriers cannot either.

it makes sense, otherwise that would be crazy and expensive.

That's my first impression, except the Battle Cruisers stat blocks all say:If the squadron contains only 1 model, it may be accompanied by:

The Prospector Class Carrier does not.

It doesnt. Then again, it's not a battlecruiser. As Quiet said, it's 380pts, more than a dreadnough, more than 2xBC, almost close to 2x battleship with nowhere the same toughness. 2x5 SRS isn't anything unheard of either...we've had Battlecarriers for some time.

It's intimidating at first glance, but incredibly fragile.  Opportunities are paper-thin, and the carriers not all that tough either.  It's a lot of points for something that crumples like a wet paper bag.  In really large games where there are other expensive threats (like dreads) out there to draw attention I can see it, but in smaller games, if that's your main unit, I think it goes down hard.  Heck, double carriers (with their every turn double bomber assault) are going to be a priority target almost no matter what (and notice these carriers were left at 6HP, not the 7 we pushed for in beta for full carriers because they weren't surviving long enough).  Lowest DR/CR combo as well, without many other defenses (again, compared to the full carriers in the main factions).

I do not think this is in any way am "I win" button. I'm just surprised to see the dual carrier with accompaniments.

In fact, a tremendous amount of this is very different than what was the last seen.

RTL in general is a numbers sub-faction.

From the Smalls being up to 6, the Cruisers being up to 5, and the Carriers being up to 2. It represents that while cheap, lowish quality, and generally bucket of bolts. But there are a lot of them and plenty more where that came from.

As the others have stated this is not a bug but an intended feature that was extensively playtested as such. It's meant to be that way.

It's an expensive gaggle of ragtag fragile ships that when combined ("...and I'll form - the head!") make a giant Ro-Beast...erm...no, a giant super carrier group.

That's made of tin.

Try it out - it's a fun and deadly group but man does stuff start blowing up when you target it!

Zak 

Dear Alex!

My Fleet Guides (both Kurak and Zenian books) say Battle Stations are 0-1 even in Patrol Fleets. Have those been modified?

Anyway, I can understand, why it would be different with the Marauders (possible Mv 6"!!)

Thanks for the reply!

Wyrm

just wondering now that i can take maruderers in kurak alliance/zenian league force will there be a slot to take battlecruisers in their fleet building tables or will that be for main factions and marauders only?

just wondering as i am wanting to add a spur to my hawker fleet

just wondering now that i can take maruderers in kurak alliance/zenian league force will there be a slot to take battlecruisers in their fleet building tables or will that be for main factions and marauders only?

just wondering as i am wanting to add a spur to my hawker fleet

I imagine that this will be updated at some point. After all I'm sure when the Works Raptor Oppressor is released people will want to be able to use it.

I have one question about Fleet Statistics:

The rules says they are four core factions:

OSO-STL-Oroshan and patogens.

The rules says youtake the fleet tactical bonus of you core faction.

The STL has 2 factions- Syndicate with tactical bonus 2 and Trading League with tactical bonus 1.

The rules says the STL has tactical bonus 2, Why?. I take the high bonus of the two faction?.

I dont see the tactical bonus of STL ... what is the rule fot that?

Another questión OSO has tatical bonus 1 or 2?. Remember OSO-Omnydine has tactical bonus 1 and OSO- Corsairs has tactical bonus 2.

Thanks for reply.