Welshy

A Tale of 4+ FS:A-mers

Have currently base coated them black, and working on now painting them a light grey. I want the black undercoat because i dont want it to be to brightly painted. Will try and paste a pic tomorrow night so you guys can see how im getting on :).

Heh this is soo usefull actually having a reason to try and paint em.

hi guys, um can I ask a question?

Been trying to find a scheme for hawker fleet that I entered a whole for this bit can't think of one so far.

Would it be okay if I painted up the Ryushi fleet box?

Shaun

*Threadomancy*

Hi guys just a quick update on the Ryushi I've been working on for this tale. Enjoy the pictures. :)

image-5.jpg
Front

image-3.jpg
Back

image-4.jpg
Underneath

Using the colours of my Directotate fleet, I tryed to go for a Rebel tantive look.

why did you choose them?
Well I bougth them orginally because I liked the look of the models when they came out. From what I know about the Ryushi is that they have a preference for wings, drones and a interesting background.

My plan for a Kurak Alliance fleet involves a combined fleet of Ryushi and Terquai. It's the look of the ships from these two races and background that drew me in for Kurak.

Hawker have taken a back seat because of paint scheme problems. (Mainly can't decide and in need of several paint strip attempts)

Still got the rest of the Ryushi patrol fleet box to do and will do a box shot of them together when done, cheers. :)

Shaun

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm 8 days late! :(

Ok I have a small directorate fleet on the go; going for flying tomato scheme, fire red armor plates, charcoal hulls.  Patrol fleet is 2 carriers, 2 nemesis, 4 hostility.

Delays, delays, ah life!  I just couldn't get on board with the Terrans...  didn't enjoy the painting or the playing so they would have looked like I'd forced myself to do it, which when you're already as bad a painter as me is something you can't afford to do lol

Thanks Venter and Welshy. :D

Don't worry mate I'm late as well so your not alone :).

Gonna try and get them ready for Saturday for their first outing in a game. (6 cruisers, 6 corvettes and 4 tokens to go.)

How are you guys getting along with your tale fleets?

Shaun

Got my game with the Ryushi today in Carlisle, really looking forward to trying them out. ^_^

List is ready at 680 points. Will post some pics and a quick review.

Edit: I'll be at Games without borders shop.

Shaun.

good luck, man!

Update on mine - I'm getting this fleet ready for warfare tourney, running dual carrier + destroyers + other stuff to get to 800pts.  Right now they're all in a state of black and charcoal basecoatedness that isn't worth photographing.  I know this whole deal was my idea so it's a cringe that I'm late, but c'est la vie!

I opted to ditch the standard patrol fleet of the directorate because basically at smaller points games the BB isn't enough of a bully for my liking, whereas a carrier has multiple different uses and a cloak.  The cloak seals it for me; stay safe, decloak when I decide the time is right and pewpew.  I'm thinking that to fill out the 800 I'll go with cruisers, so it'll be 2 carriers, 2 nemesis, 3 executioners, 4 hostility / enforcer.  Should in theory out-activate the enemy and with the anchors being survivable via cloaking should be able to weather the storm and win the late game.  Cruisers will of course die horribly in a fire but that's what they're for :)

Sounds good Welshy, :). Executioners I found are very glass cannons, great ad but take damage fast. Only ship I can really comment on from your list that have experience with.

You won't believe this mate, but I was all ready and packed, then guess what?... I forgot the tub that I store the flight stands in! >.<

Was quite excited to be trying out the Ryushi the first time.

Lucky I was able to borrow some of mates and Ended up using my Directotate.. Um.. 2 things I learned today, 1. Don't forget the flight stands and 2. A laser line pen is great for measuring arcs of fire.

i got the rest of the Ryushi base coated dark blue and the corvettes magnetised.

Shaun

Hey guys guess I'm changing my deadline till end of October.

Just working out how to paint some red stripes on them.

Well sort of like lightning strikes running length of the ship on the outer edges.

Then it's just highlights after that.

So if there's any ideas let me know.

Casts.. *Threadomancy*

Update:

Hello guys Sailion here reporting in, had a game my first game with the Ryushi last Saturday, and I'm quite impressed with them so far. :D

Here is the list I used: 705 points

1 carrier 120pts

Hard points:

- 1 shield 10pts

- 3 wings capacity 5pts

Upgrades:

- Deck Crews MAR 10pts

- Split Fire Beams 5pts

Accompaniments:

2 Cruisers 120pts (60 each)

- Point defence barrage MAR 10pts (5 each)

4 Cruisers 240pts (60 each)

Upgrades:

- Point defence barrage MAR 20pts (5 each)

6 Corvettes 120pts (20 each)

This is the list I used against a Terran fleet, in quiet area of the storm zone full of asteroids and gas clouds. It was a fun game where we learnt about each other's fleet, thought the dice rolling showed both extremes.

My cruisers double critted the carrier on the first turn! o.o

The carrier with bombers is quite scary as well, proceeded to eating a cruiser squad over 2 turns.

The corvettes juked it out with some terran frigates over a few turns losing 2 of their number for 1 frigate and a damage.

Ended turn 4 with a minior win for the Ryushi.

What do you think of them then?

Well after my first battle I found them quite interesting, they have some range to them in the fore torps and broadside beams. The wings are nice too :)

From a first glance the work horses of the fleet seem to be the carrier, wings and cruisers. With the corvette's running interference. Only used bombers so far but will be interesting to see how fighters fare in a battle.

So on that note, plan to get a few more games with them.

How is the painting going?

Well the under coating is done along with the carrier from earlier, and I started on the corvettes. Going slow thought.

Until next time, Shaun.