Sanguinary Dan

New league starting in DC area!

If we can get four Including me I will come cause it's all set up already. Also, I would look forward to testing a scenario and playing something other than FSA.

Scenarios- take the straight, Convoy raid, port raid, and mysterious Island (fun!)

Also the Kill the King which is basically the Gauntlet could be ready.

Convoy could be fun, you have multiple and possibly contradictory goals- plus more smalls than usual.

Well I didn't make it. I opted for a farewell for some colleagues. It was the right thing to do. Still, I am quite willing to travel if I can get a game set up.

I would love to test my scenarios and campaign rules. Kinda a test campaign using who wishes and when. Vice a campaign commitment.

I hope have it all up on ManBattleStations forum.

I will come as well. I will bring Italians and Mercs, French, and maybe my Russians.

And some islands

I have yet to play the Prussians, or the "new" KOB

Another good game with Creonr. His Prussians against my French. 1250 points. Both took the main Dread for each , Blucher and Charlemagne. He took the Rhine and I opted for a Magenta with Cloud and Agressive Crew. As usual my initial set up caused more problems and I misplayed tactically allowing h to get all his units engaged. My Magenta was out of play and my Dread rolled badly. Both had mixed luck. He got two magazine explosions, one of which failed to scrap, I got one which did some damage. In the end it was close and a bit of a roll off, but his play put him in a better position. Some good rule learning. I suspect he was correct that Speerschluders can combine with Tesla turrets. Specialized defenses affect boarding only, directed fire allows combined CC/AA. I look forward to playing an Italian and merc force against someone next week. Perhaps testing a scenario.

Played Creon last Saturday at Eagle and Empire.

I played RoF 1250 points. Used a bunch of units I never play. He took Britannia with some EIMC.

I took a Tourbillon, a Couronne, 3 Marseille, 4 Almas, 3 Furieuxs, 5 Frelons, and 3 Toulons.

He had the EIMC Forbes Blimp, and a squadron of their horrible frigates (the ones with a better turret than the Marseilles, faster and the same Crit Rating for half the points).

He had a Ruler BB, a Regent Battle Carrier, A Lord Hood BC, 3 Tribals, four Attackers and 5 Swifts.

We both put 4a lot in the flank force.

He put the Syeras, Attackers and Swifts into the flank force.

However I "won" the Strategic initiative, Which meant nothing as the terrain was fixed and neutral . He had tactical advantage, rolled a 1 and I got a 3. So so much for EVER putting much into a Flank force. I ended fighting two turns at 60%. (Frelons, Almas and Furieuxs out)

It went downhill from there.

On the first turn His BC did an 8 dice attack on a Toulon, got a crit and threw two 1's. I had the Marseilles interspersed to go either flank as I knew I was on the defensive big time, So Sank the Toulon, sank one Marseille and damaged another. two squadrons hobbled, before I could anything.

A small advantage for me, there were Islands covering 90% of both flanks so he has to set up his smalls on the far side and out of early range. Instead of fleeing I counterattacked his Battle Cruiser and did about half damage. 

We did some damage to each other for the rest of the turn. 

Turn two did not go well for me, I did some damage to his Ruler on a lucky shot and killed one of his Syeras with the Marseilles. He killed off the Toulons,  He damaged my Couronne, criting it and killing the Cloud generator.  The Couronne went the whole game without doing any damage.In turn three he crated it again and got 1/2 AD, which I failed to repair, so major unit ineffective. His Swifts mutilated my Furieuxs when they FINALY got into range. My Frelons did a good job on his tribals. My Tourbiillon did well, surviving well until he crit'ed it and got 1/2 AD, which I failed to repair, even with the Commodore's re-roll. We called it that point. I was not going to be effective.

It was painful. He played well, I made mistakes (flanking force!) Luck played too big a role for my taste.

But I did get to see the KoB and EIMC. Good units, not super, but good. With a  better fleet and a full force from turn one It would have been a better battle.

It will be long time before I take Furieuxs, Almas or Marseilles, The Furieuxs could be effective, but they die too quickly to have more one one turn of impact. The Almas were pretty useless. I lost one to his Tribals before moving them. The rest did maybe three HP before  dying. They need to be too close to use H&R effectively The other side gets to move as well hiding is possible but often not possibleThe Mareilles' Hit and Run is NOT worth the weak AD and DR/CR. The Frelons are good, hard to hit and dangerous, especially against forces that depend on shields.

Wish we had had enough consistent interest to actually get multiple folks playing 1,500 point games at Dream Wizards.  Still some guys up for smaller games, basically battle box size (<800), but not in committing a couple hours to a real game.  :unsure:

It was a game where some luck predominated.  The early destruction wreaked by the Hood, before it's immediate sinking the next turn was unexpected.  And my dice were fairly reliable all game, when CDR_G's were up and down, and down where it mattered sometimes.  I was surprised at how well the EIMC slotted in with the KOB.  It's a real force add, and the Syera is very very dangerous if they can close range.  Basically Frigates with a light Cruiser's gun, and high Crit Rating.  It will be interesting to see if/when I get a EIMC/Merc fleet to 1250-1500 if it maintains as good.

Hey everyone, I see that this thread is 2 years old, but I just started collecting Dystopian Wars and it would be awesome to meet people to play with. I live close to Rockville. Let me know if you guys still play regularly, and how I can get in on the action. Thanks!

I am down in Fredericksburg. So I usually travel. We have a player in Woodbridge- Ruckdog, and some players near the Eagle and Empire in Arlington.

There is a a player I meet up with at Huzzah Hobbies, north of Dulles.  Close to Rockville. Dream Wizzards is not too far I guess, but I lost track of what is going on there.

CDR_G, 

Where do you guys normally play? What gaming stores have good tables and terrain? I'm fine with traveling as well. I talked to the manager of Dream Wizards the other day, and they don't do any Dystopian Events or carry any of their products anymore, so I am not bound to one gaming store or another. 

The most common venue is Eagle and Empire in Alexandria south of 495. About an hour for me. After that it is the Game Vault down here in Fredericksburg and lately , about once a month at Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn, I am playing a game there on the 28th. 

E&E has 4 4x 8 miniatures tables- kinda tight fits. Game Vault has a lot more space and a room with two 4 x 12 (i think) miniatures table and about 15 other gaming tables. Huzzah has something like 7 miniatures tables and and an adjacent space with about twenty tables. 

The Miniatures table are built like work bench tables in height and construction. 

All have scenery, though I usually y bring my own. Players have some spaces. I have a dedicated game room with a 4 x 8 table and other rooms that could work as well. Ruckdog has a basement at his home in Woodbridge that has a large table and plenty of extra room.

We have played a number of times at Ruckdogs' home.