Sign in to follow this  
Spellbound

DFA-170, small hunter?

Since the bomber isn't capital, has anyone had good experiences using them to hunt small ships that aren't elusive?

In 1.1, before they fixed the wording, they hit a sweet spot as a medium, non-capital model that could hit both elusive and small targets alike without any penalty.  I liked using them because you could have each one target a different small, and their very meager AA had to each fend for themselves.  7 dice isn't a huge amount for rockets, but it was often enough to get a 6 and a couple other hits, or the occasional two 6's, and I found they crit fairly often overall.

I liked this because I found many battles ended up with small vs small action, which was very bloody and I usually came out on top of (go Uwatsus CR 6 and lots of guns), but diminished, and unable to use my Uwatsus to really terrorize larger ships the way I wanted.

Does anyone use the DFA-170?

Whilst the rockets are tasty, the bomb bays are awesome - 8AD each (so 16AD on an unlucky target) which ignore shields, and on top of that will set you alight! Getting them there might take time, but it certainly compensates for the diminishing returns on the rockets!