Sign in to follow this  
graeme27uk

Ideas for new CoA Units

I wouldn't mind some submersibles.  Just using place-holder names here, but...

Polaris Hunter-Killer Submarine: Primarily armed with torpedoes, maybe some rockets that can fire while submerged.  I just snatched the name from the old real-life nuclear submarine.  Not meant to be a big model, but maybe operate in squadrons.  Possibly throw on a Kinetic Generator for some speed tricks.

Charybdis Heavy Submarine:  This would be the big sub.  Maybe give it a particle accelerator for the big gun.  Smaller guns could be small advanced drone torpedoes that penetrate the hull and /then/ explode, giving them dice in RB 1 and maybe the Piercing or Devastating Munition type.  Could also give it rockets that fire while submerged for a more serious AA component.  I could see this being fitted with a Kinetic Generator as well.

Well, we have the Arronax. A worm robot that rams things, boards things and shoots things. Also burrows through the earth and rips vulnerable landships apart.

Well, we have the Archimedes, a low-to-the-ground robot shaped like a crab. Has two turrets, one on top one underneath, that can give decent fire support. It is called a command robot, but I do think it could do with a few support options to make it feel more like a command robot :) Still a very good unit though.

We have the Herodotus, our mobile air field. It is a bit like a spider, is armed with a massive particle accelerator (I like accelerator :P) and is as large as a dread :) I like your imagery though :)

Personally I'm not fond of the roboworm... effective no doubt, but aesthetically it has no appeal to me.  The Metzger on the other hand very nearly saw me going Prussian.  I'm just not sure about the arms, and I couldn't find a decent set of replacements at the time for conversion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D_10Lhwa2mk/T9N3l83SR1I/AAAAAAAARBQ/f1UrfQ-drbg/s1600/bab04.jpg

Possibly the arms off this bad boy with some careful cutting...

The Archimedes, again I'm not sure about it's appearance... the arms and legs look very stubby, like they'd spend all their time getting in each others way as it tried to walk and attack.  So I figured bigger and fewer legs :)

Thanks for the compliment about robo-zilla :)  90 degree forward firing arc.  Shiny!  Godzilla in appearance, or Zilla?  I prefer Zilla's appearance, but with Godzilla's firepower and raw awesome.  In robot format...