Spellduckwrong

Dindrenzi Conference on Superiority and Sustained Dominance

As I said, they have more offense, so they should.

Which Tier 1 do you tend to run, and how do you deploy it to work with your Heavies?

I like both Battleships. The decision is based on who my opponent is. SRS or Boarding heavy fleets will see the Praetorian over the Nausicaa.

Wow, can't stop hedging. :P. I'm just curious which Battleship you prefer. I'm guessing the the Naussica, simply because you love your Heavy Cruisers, and my current hypothesis is the compliment each other very well.

Perhaps a better question is: how often do you build a list without Heavy Cruisers, and why?

I really do not have a preference for either Battleship. I use a check down of criteria to determine which ship I anchor my fleet with.

I like the Heavy Cruisers because they require 18 hits to get full battle log from. My opponents view them as very dangerous and hit very hard.

15/5 victory against Terrans today :-) zenian league is in the lead in the warlog, looks like we're doing ok but our average is a bit low? As an aside my dreadnought had a 25 attack dice shot at a terran battleship and managed 5 hits.... Lol thankfully it pulled it's socks up later in the game :-)

Good job, Malchek!

I have also had my Retribution flub a few rolls in the past. No matter how good the salesdrone makes it seem, never ever buy discounted Directorate surplus ammunition. There is a reason they don't feel they can get full price for it.

He got in close with two dreadnoughts and a battleship although one of the dreads was badly shot up by that time, I think he feels outmatched in the tier 2's. Some of it has to do with errors in order of unit activation, target priority etc etc but we're still new to the game and I think learning how to play terrans is a bit harder :-)

He's right that the Terran Tier 2s are (mostly) underwhelming in an even fight against Dindrenzi. Cardboard armour. How much terrain are you using and how much use is your Terran playing friend making of it? If there isn't enough terrain on the table, well, it's open season for your Railguns and barring shoddy dice, you've won the game on turn 1. If he isn't using the terrain, then he damn well should be! 

I think these are the main reasons Dindrenzi are initially strong in a group, but then taper off to level with everyone else.

But back to the superiority conference... My last two games have shown me how important it is to bring as many PD-boosting Tokens as possible, as shutting down Torpedos really helps to mitigate the "death by plink" issues Dindrenzi have. This also turns it more towards a direct-fire game, which Dindrenzi win.

I'm also convinced our Cruisers and Frigates have no business starting on the table; they're obvious early-game targets. It is also much easier to stay within a Token's PD-Bubble when you have less stuff trying to squeeze in.

But my concern is this. Someday, I'm going to face a canny opponent that bunkers up behind Asteroids, Debris Fields, and Planetoids, essentially shutting down my rail-guns. What's the best way to dig them out of cover?

1) if they're at Full Stop, line up an Impeded RB2 shot and hit Full Stop as well?

2) Hope you have something in Reserve to go get them, or Kedorians and Relthoza Allies?

3) Bring allies with solid Indirect Weapons, like RSN Spook Torpedoes or Directorate Cyberwarfare and Gravity? Our indirect firepower is laughable, really.

That is generally the way terrans beat dindrenzi, castle up and lob torpedoes while the dindrenzi struggle with impeded plus out shields (and the fact we have weapon shielding). Then as soon as the dindrenzi get close, pounce out and finish them off with guns