• CF10 5DT
  • United Kingdom
  • Tel: +44 (0) 2920 227117

stock level high

organised play no

username Beef

I am  a player from Cardiff, south Wales, UK

On 1/25/2017 at 9:22 PM, benoflamancha said:

Need to update mine. I play Firestorm Armada and I live in Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK.

That's quite the move!

Okay everyone, updates have been made. Sorry for the delay. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=11qWNDLyFAwh0QfFoCIp6A0tOMzE

Thanks, Fracas. 

On a separate note I have to say that I abhor censorship. I speak of what Spartan has decided to do to their former employee, Alex Mann. 

Link

Further updates to the Player Finder will be suspended until a public apology, on these forums is issued. I'm sure this will have zero lasting impact on Spartan staff, but it's my way saying their behavior was unacceptable. 

In my opinion, no one has contributed more to Firestorm Armada than Alexmann, and I believe he's been treated very poorly by Spartan.

He also went WAY over the line in forum posts--no gaming company in the world would have put up with a forum member routinely posting like he was about them, their employees, their owner, and their products.

42 minutes ago, reddwarf said:

In my opinion, no one has contributed more to Firestorm Armada than Alexmann, and I believe he's been treated very poorly by Spartan.

He also went WAY over the line in forum posts--no gaming company in the world would have put up with a forum member routinely posting like he was about them, their employees, their owner, and their products.

Aye, but if any of them had any balls, they'd have attempted a public rebuttal rather than a blanket ban without warning, or public notice.

Frankly the whole situation is indicative of Spartan's attitude at the moment - any criticism is brutally suppressed or ignored regardless of it's validity. Apparently the narcissism is strong at Evercreech these days.

28 minutes ago, Flamebeast said:

Apparently the narcissism is strong at Evercreech these days.

Seeing as Alex's signature title read "Defector and Freedom Fighter", it's not a one way street. See Reddwarf's post above. It's become personal now. 

Call me a sheep or a white knight all you want. I'm not taking sides because there shouldn't be any sides. I hope a resolution can be made.

@UbiquitousWookie: Your work on the Player finder is exemplary, and I thank you for it, but how does suspending it help? The only people being punished are those who wish to add to it, not SG in general or Spartan Neil in particular.

3 minutes ago, Bessemer said:

Seeing as Alex's signature title read "Defector and Freedom Fighter", it's not a one way street. See Reddwarf's post above. It's become personal now. 

Call me a sheep or a white knight all you want. I'm not taking sides because there shouldn't be any sides. I hope a resolution can be made.

@UbiquitousWookie: Your work on the Player finder is exemplary, and I thank you for it, but how does suspending it help? The only people being punished are those who wish to add to it, not SG in general or Spartan Neil in particular.

Having seen the whole thing boil over from the inside, I can assure you that it wasn't Alex that started the fire. He just got driven over the line because that was the only thing he could attempt to try and kick some momentum into a community he genuinely loved being a part of, and hated seeing taken advantage of.