A few things I see that change that I think made the game worse:
1. Range Band Change: This is the first thing I saw that I disliked. In my opinion having 4 range bands of 8" each was perfectly fine, and I personally saw no issue with it. Maybe they are trying to work it with WWX, but I dont see how you can play both systems at the same time.
2. Damage to ships: We dont know 100 percent how this will go yet, but if I have a Cruiser that takes 1 damage, will its stats go down or will it have the same stats until it is crippled? In the original, for every point of damage you took, your attack and defence stats went down unless you had a special rule. This made the game more strategic instead of what I see this being.
3. Generators and such: Having generators always on in the original game ( with an exception or 2) made the game more challenging from a tactical standpoint, and required less bookeeping overall. The fact that the generators had their own abilities that did not change the units base stats was great. Think about it for a second... Does having a Guardian Generator make me the armor on my ship thicker? No, it is a generator that reduces successes. In 2.0, if I fire and make 12 successes on a KoB BB with a critical rating of 10, but then he has 3 successes on his shield dice, then the total becomes a 9, and not a critical hit. This makes more sense to me.
4. Boarding: This one to me is a huge, almost game breaking change. In 2.0, a boarding action, if successful enough, could allow you to prize or derelict the ship, making it unusable to you enemy. I have seen numerous games where a smart and lucky boarding action has brought a player back to victory from sure defeat. I know a lot of people might have not liked the boarding rules, or thought they were too powerful, but once again, it is a tactucal and strategic tool in your box that anyone could use.
5. Nation flavor: This is another area where I see a lot has been lost from the game. Certain nqtions has certain weapons, abilities etc... For example, the Empire had long range fire starting rockets and the Russians had shorter range, but gigantic guns. Now I see the Crown has rockets, which they never had before, and nation only munitions, abilities have been stripped off. Way too much simplification.
This is just a few. I feel like this game has been so dumbed down that it has turned into "Dystopian Wars for Beginners" and I'm waiting for the real rules to come out...