All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. until
    Warcradle Studios are returning to Indianapolis at the end of July to join thousands of gamers at Gen Con 2020. If you're thinking of attending, make sure to come and see us and check out the games set in the Dystopian Age (including Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars) and much more besides! At our booth, you can have a demo of Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars, and get hold of our new card game. Fog and Friction: Western Front. You’ll also be able to chat to our studio team about the future of all Warcradle Studios games. We’ll have spectacular miniatures on display, our latest releases available to purchase and a few exclusives too - you won't want to miss out. Badge Registration opens after January 26th. If you're thinking of joining us at the event head to the Gen Con website when registration opens: https://www.gencon.com/ Be sure to bookmark our announcement to stay up to date: https://blog.warcradle.com/blog/2020/warcradle-studios-at-gen-con-2020
  3. Warcradle Studios are returning to Indianapolis at the end of July to join thousands of gamers at Gen Con 2020. If you're thinking of attending, make sure to come and see us and check out the games set in the Dystopian Age (including Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars) and much more besides! At our booth, you can have a demo of Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars, and get hold of our new card game. Fog and Friction: Western Front. Find out more about Fog and Friction here. You’ll also be able to chat to our studio team about the future of all Warcradle Studios games. We’ll have spectacular miniatures on display, our latest releases available to purchase and a few exclusives too - you won't want to miss out. We will be sharing our booth number and more information about what you can expect at our booth as we get closer to the event. Stay tuned. Badge Registration opens after January 26th. If you're thinking of joining us at the event head to the Gen Con website when registration opens: https://www.gencon.com/ Staying Up-To-Date: Gen Con 2020 You'll never miss an update if you join our Facebook event for Gen Con 2020 or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Not on social media? Check the community calendar on the Warcradle Studios forum to see all of the events we'll be attending throughout the year. View the full article
  4. Valentine’s Day is usually associated with absurdly large teddy bears and dozens of roses, yet Valentine’s Day 2020 brings an eerie, macabre force that is lurking overhead. This year, Friday 14th marks the date of the first pre-orders for Mythos! The desolate world is in dire need to regain its’ footing after the reckless damage done by the Great War. The butchery and havoc caused has ensured that the vacant dark gods of ancient power and of distant memory are ready to emerge, and to be awakened from their absence. Disciples and followers have come into fruition causing rival cults and factions to be formed, and now they move amongst an unpredictable world, preparing for the cosmic deities to return to the battlefield. Engage in twisted head-to-head confrontations in casual play or create epic campaigns using the narrative guide, as the competing factions wage a shadowy war against each other and the wider world. Originally devised by Paranoid Miniatures, in a true bone-chilling style. All of this month’s pre-orders are set to be released at the end of March. These items are available to pre-order from Wayland Games and your FLGS - find your closest store with our store locator. Mythos Rules & Gubbins Box The Mythos Rules and Gubbins Box contains all the tools you need to play. Just grab this box and your favourite Faction Starter Set (or two) and you are ready to start exploring the dark, mysterious world of Mythos. Read the full description, here. Price: £20.00 Mythos Starter Sets The Priory Faction Starter Set Knowledge, as they say, is power and the knowledge of humanity has been guarded and increased down the generations by those who retain, record and create it. Shamans, soothsayers, skalds and scholars hold the keys to this power and use it wisely, brought together by a shared experience of having glimpsed behind the curtain and having retained their sanity. Read the full description, here. Price: £35.00 The Hidden Ones Faction Starter Set Servants of the Sunken Pantheon (Dread Father Dagon, Deep Mother Hydra, and their progeny), the Hidden Ones make their home in coastal towns and villages around the world. Through corruption and interbreeding, the Hidden Ones irrevocably link their community to the sea and to the ancient deities that they worship. Read the full description, here. Price: £35.00 View the full article
  5. Earlier
  6. The cards for the Youngers can now be found on the WWX card resource: https://www.wildwestexodus.com/factions/confederates
  7. The Youngers aren't currently available as miniatures (but may go into reprint as part of a posse box in the future) and so there cards have been made unavailable too. With the current rules iteration you'll not be able to field them on-foot until they are re-released.
  8. Court of the Nazombu - 670 Marie Laveau - 180 Jaques Santiago - 125 Cemetary Kriminal - 130 Cleo - Nazombu Crone - 115 Zora - Nazombu Oracle - 120 Dead or Alive - 795 Lilith Hart - 160 Longtree - 75 Thomas Tate Tobin - 125 Yann "The Wraith" Packer - 110 Broad Arrow Jack - 100 James McClain - 100 Jim Petersen - 125
  9. Hi, I don t know if i am at the good place to ask but here is my question, I am looking for a return to play WWX (the miniatures are just Superb) i use to play the first version witch i really like but i think i can like the new version, and now i am looking for the cards of some mini that i already have to built a Posse but it looks like there is missing 3 cards from the Outlaws : Jim Younger , Cole Younger , Robert Younger, I have only found the Mounted edition of those characters i want to built a Posse with Jesse James , Franck James and the Younger Brothers and want to know how many points this Posse would have , and see if they can be competitive , so if someone can help me find them Thanks in advance, Daniel
  10. When we think about wargaming our first thought is usually about the miniatures we play with rather than the tables we play on. But the terrain is just as important for helping set the scene, bringing another facet to the hobby to get excited about. With Wild West Exodus we wanted to create a range of scenery that works perfectly for the setting and scale. The town of Red Oak was our answer to that and has been a very popular product range. Chris from our studio has thoughts on the world beyond Red Oak… It can be a real challenge to get enough terrain out on the table to make a good game, particularly if you want it to be specific to the game you play. Way back in the mists of time when I started wargaming I would use a Subbuteo pitch with books layered underneath to make hills. I recall having a resin church and I had made some gravestones on some spare bases I had. Finally, I had a handful of trees from the local scale model shop and that was the extent of my terrain collection. Today hobbyists have so many great options for terrain in a variety of different materials and I am a million miles away from that poor terrain starved Chris from the early ’90s. MDF has proven to be popular because you can create some very cost-effective and visually impressive products from it. The town of Red Oak, Wild West Exodus’ default location for the past two years, has been expanded with almost every building you could find in a frontier town in the Dystopian Age . Continuing an expansionist policy after the end of the Ore War, the Union now occupies states as far south as the demilitarised zone beyond the state of West Columbia and New Peru. But the Union of Federated States is a vast territory incorporating over sixty states many of which were once proud independent nations with their own rich history, culture and architecture. So it was time we moved beyond the Arizona territory and explored another iconic location in the Union, this time travelling further south beyond Texas to look at the more recently admitted states. The adobe-style buildings predominantly found in the states of Senora, Durango and North and South Mexico were distinctive enough from their Red Oak contemporaries, while at the same time gave players a space to tell the important stories of Mexican independence and occupation - key themes for many characters hailing from those southern states. Welcome to Rio Sonora! Having concept art and references from our Art Director Roberto Cirillo gave the Studio a great direction, the challenge lay in bringing these gorgeous illustrations to life. The team were up for a challenge and I hope you agree that they’ve done an outstanding job. These buildings are not only the start of a continuing range for Wild West Exodus, but also feature fully detailed interiors and, for the first time, are in multi-coloured pre-painted kits. Once assembled there is no additional painting necessary! Rio Sonora - The finished Product This new range gives players a diverse selection of pre-painted buildings to collect and use in their games. New stories can be woven around the town and Rio Sonora might start featuring in the narrative that weaves throughout Wild West Exodus in the product descriptions for each Posse we release. Here is a closer look at each building. We are very excited to start exploring Rio Sonora with you, so make sure you pick up your set and join us there. Until next time! Chris View the full article
  11. I did it. Every ship is complete for FA 2.0. The objective to revive the wiki is successful, with over 1200 visits per week.
  12. Awesome. Used to love this game. Looking forward to hearing about new stuff!
  13. A whole bundle of classical models switch to status: in stock
  14. Part of the appeal of a tabletop skirmish game is that different factions often provides players with a range of play styles to choose from. In Mythos this is certainly true, for while factions such as The Priory are a force of near equals, for our latest faction focus, we see that the Path of Chroniozon are very much a different story… Mythos - coming to a tabletop near you in 2020! It is a great and noble thing to devote a life to the pursuit of knowledge. Some are obsessed with knowledge for its own sake and push the boundaries of understanding within their chosen field of study. However, there are those who seek the power to dominate others through their knowledge. Chester Barreman is a man such as that. Even in his youth, Chester had an interest in history, more specifically in ancient civilisations and their religions. He was fascinated by the various interconnected beliefs of people across the globe stretching as far back as the written word, hieroglyphs or even cave paintings allowed. It was only as his studies matured that he realised he was at the beginning of a very dangerous path. A path defined by a single word: Chronozon. Chronozon is the dweller in the abyss. The demon of time and chaos was said to be the last great obstacle between the adept and enlightenment. Barreman knew at that moment that he couldn’t just know more about Chronozon. He had to know everything. The young scholar’s obsession with this powerful demon became all-encompassing and acts that would have been abhorrent to him only months earlier were now acceptable in his journey down the path. The sacrifice of his sanity was so subtle that Chester was not even aware that he had crossed the line. It became the norm for him to barely recognise his own reflection, instead seeing Chronozon staring back through dark soulless eyes. The demon of dispersion made manifest through Chester Barreman. As Chronozon’s mark settled on him, Barreman became more strong-willed and charismatic than ever before. His sanity returned for periods of time long enough to attract followers and instruct them in the way of the demon, though at times the abyss walks free of Barreman’s soul and manifests itself in terrible glory. The followers of the Path wear masks bearing the symbol of the abyss, all the better to purge their own identity. Barreman has taught them that Chronozon’s function is to destroy the ego, which allows the adept to move beyond the abyss of occult cosmology. Chester has refined a ritual that allows, through a sacrifice of a servant’s lucidity, a Spawn of Chronozon to be brought through to this reality. This demon of dispersion recognises Chronozon’s mark on Barreman and follows instructions as well as those whispered from the abyss by its master. A creature of the umbra, the spawn is the abyss in cold bestial fury, sweeping through any environment in a blur of vorpal teeth and claws. As Chester Barreman walks the Path of Chronozon assisted by demagogues like his protege, Lydia Heron, he has become aware of the larger struggle between the awakening gods of old and their mortal pawns. This Shadow War is fought not between armies and nations like the conflicts of men but as something more subtle and insidious. In such a struggle for supremacy, how can the erudite servants of Chronozon fail? Even vassals of a dark god need a good seneschal. Lydia Heron is such a woman. The Path of Chronozon are your classic faceless horde of cultists, each clamouring to appease their dark master by carrying out his will. Unlike Followers in many of the other factions, the servants of the Path of Chronozon are utterly expendable! This makes for a very different and uniquely enjoyable experience when compared to more individually valuable mortals such as those of The Priory. Look forward to seeing these abyssal servants later in the year. Until next time. Stuart View the full article
  15. Warcradle Studios will be attending Salute 2020 in April, joining Wayland Games at ExCEL London. During Salute, our amazing demo team will be hosting games for Wild West Exodus, Dystopian Wars, and more, for your entertainment. If you think you're tough enough to take them on, of course. In addition, there'll be a whole host of gaming delights available to purchase from our booth; from miniature sets, terrain sets and accessories, to the latest releases and show exclusives. We'll have spectacular painted miniatures on display too. Some coursey of our very own studio painter, and others of Angel Giraldez himself - you'll be able to catch more than a glimpse but will you spot the unreleased ones? More information about what you can expect at our booth will be revealed as we get closer to the event. Stay tuned. If you're looking to attend and partake in hours of tabletop gaming, make sure to head to our booth on the day. Tickets for this event are on sale now. Visit the Salute website to get yours: http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/salute-2020/ Don't forget; you'll be able to talk with members of our team about any of Warcradle Studios games on the day of the event as well. About The Event: Salute is the biggest independent one-day wargaming and gaming event in the UK. The event is held at the ExCel London and is run by The South London Warlords, who aim to promote the very best in the hobby. The South London Warlords is a Wargames Club that caters to both traditional wargaming and modern tabletop gaming interests. They're an active group of gamers who meet-up regularly to play games and often found hosting demonstration games at shows. For the official South London Warlords and Salute Facebook page, please see: https://www.facebook.com/SLWarlords/ Staying Up-To-Date: Salute 2020 Never miss an update by joining our Facebook event for Salute 2020. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or check the community calendar on the Warcradle Studios forum if you're not on social media. View the full article
  16. I posted this to the FB group but am reposting here: Pg. 35 reads "a model cannot see through terrain that is larger than their base size" (by larger we assume they mean taller in this case, or "categorized as a base size larger" before play. Ok, that's simple enough, things bigger(taller) than your base size block LOS. But soon we shal have some questionmarks.... further down that same paragraph, it talks about forming a line of sight corridor using the outermost points of the two bases that you are trying to determine line of sight between. "Any terrain within this corridor should mean that the target is considered obscured..." Then obscured (opposite, same page) reads: "for EACH piece of terrain that partially blocks line of sight of a shoot action, the model receives a -1 Aim penalty ..." OK, so, what "partially blocks line of sight" originally we were playing that literally ANYTHING in the LOS corridor between two models would give a -1Aim+1grit for each piece. But now, it seems that anything smaller than your base doesn't count at all? (you "see through" it?) and only things taller than your base can give you this (and only then if it doesnt totally block LOS altogether)? Furthermore: As the Climb rule (pg.23) says in order to force a climb check a piece of terrain must be "more than two base sizes higher..." Does this mean that models can travel without any restriction to their movement (full quick) over literally ANY piece of terrain that is two base sizes or less? (assuming the terrain does not have the uneven feature) if so, terrain plays MUCH less of a role in this game than we have been considering. as even tall walls that can block line of sight can easily be just moved right through? If we are reading this right, does that mean things smaller than your base size can just be completely ignored? (we were giving the -1Aim+1grit for obscured if even these things were in the LOS corridor) and you can just move through anything 2 base sizes or smaller, but those at least give obscured (or block LOS completely) only things larger than 2 base sizes cause a restriction, causing a climb check? (again assuming it has not been assigned the uneven feature?)
  17. This last part appears to be incorrect. You can only use interrupts to either seize or deny the initiative at the beginning on the turn. In order to activate another unit within 8" of the one just activated, you would need a triggered activation card, not an interrupt. (and it would only work on a face) (pg. 16 main rulebook v1.09) Or just use a model that already has the teamwork ability.
  18. I'm sorry but i've seen your reply just now. The <Sic 'Em> rule doesn't differentiate between Gun Dogs and Attack Dogs, its only requirement is the "K9 Automata" trait, which both units have.
  19. Changelog ; - Dindrenzi completed - Most of aquan done Total ships processed so far : 244 Ships left to do (some aquan, and all those of the RSN) : 27. An then, some Rules, Taskforce stats, and Lore if I find some.
  20. It's likely the classic Firestorm is still played in various clubs and in peoples homes. But like all games that are no longer in active production, its natural for it to become a rarer game on the tabletop. For those that still play the Classic Firestorm Game, we have the Warcradle Classic miniatures to help complete your collections. There is a brand new game called Firestorm Armada in development. It is a new game that we hope appeals to many fans of science fiction space battles. Knowledge of or experience of the Classic Firestorm is completely unnecessary. If you have classic models you will, of course, be able to use them as a 'counts as' in the new Firestorm Armada, but there will be an entire range of new and exciting miniatures to enjoy!
  21. in the meantime the game is going to it grave before your eyes ..... you haven't done enough to keep us in the loop
  22. until
    Warcradle Studios will be returning to the NEC in Birmingham this year, joining everyone attending UK Games Expo 2020. Join us to take delight in demos of Wild West Exodus, Dystopian Wars, and Fog and Friction: Western Front, inspire your miniature painting by gazing upon the miniatures in our display cabinet or immerse yourself in the story of the Dystopian Age and more by speaking to our team! You'll also be able to shop a host of gaming delights, including the 2020 event miniature and all of our latest releases for Wild West Exodus and Warcradle Scenics, with a few surprises too. Be sure to head to Booth 2-702 during the event for the FULL Warcradle Studios experience - we'll see you there! More information about our Booth will be shared closer to the event. Keep an eye on our official announcement: https://blog.warcradle.com/blog/2020/warcradle-studios-at-ukge-2020 Tickets are already on sale for UKGE 2020. If you're thinking of joining us at the event head to the UK Games Expo website to get yours: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/shop/tickets
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.