All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. RuleBritannia

More info on 3.0 imminent?

Lord Nat that sounds a cool idea! Imagine just getting an article where the designer gushes about the new design and shows how she or he painted it. It would really start building some excitement. Delboy's threads as a designer were fantastic for that, talking about the model and rules development in tandem. I get its a big job, and I get that changing a system that people are passionate about builds a bit of negativity, but the best way to combat that fatigue and build positive energy is to get something to be positive about.
  4. Lord Nat

Actually this is something that GW are getting right at the moment with the Sister of Battle release.... Its something that the community has been asking for so they announced it with a beta of the rules since then they have done a little article once a fortnight giving a dribble of information, some weeks its just a case of here we've painted this model look at how we've made the black look different .. but its something regular keeping people who have been looking forward to it hyped and not spending their hobby money else where (for the most part). Where as for DW I'm one of 3/4 people at my local club with fleet(s) and the only one whos taking ANY notice of whats going on, the thought is well theres no info so I'll carry on playing these other systems.
  5. RuleBritannia

As Lord Nat said, videos aren't very helpful to the slightly older skewing wargamer community. And I was talking about impressions, rightly or wrongly that are being given, with LWX and Bill and Ted getting renders and even a finished model released while DWars has had nothing in months. This is the same problem people had with Spartan where certain systems would get a lot of love, particularly if new, and other systems languished. Getting the balance and message right on the right channels isn't easy, I'm just noting that this was a gap in the messaging that it would great to see resolved to get people more excited.
  6. Toxic_Rat

Model availability

So, a nice surprise package arrived today. Three Ryushi Battle Carriers arrived in the mail today. Simple packaging, but all accounted for. Now to find time to get them painted up...
  7. Lord Nat

This is the internet... if its not written in clear on either the companies website or a blog /article of a known wargame dissemination site (ie something like Beasts of War) then its just hear say :p
  8. Burson_Carpathian

Stuart from Warcradle already mentioned that LWX is definitely released at the end of the year AFTER Dystopian Wars hits the shelves. But it was in one of those videos you haven't watched.
  9. RuleBritannia

I do remember a lot more updates, renders and blogposts that were at least monthly talking about DWars up to its release and built hype. If we are only six months away from launch, and the Beta is nearly done and models coming on stream it would be good to get people excited. Especially with two new games making people wonder if DWars is, rightly or wrongly, being put on a backburner.
  10. Overread

Aye its something Spartan Games did a lot to the community - preview something way too early and then nothing - anyone remember leviathans which they previewed years ago and then never released - not even a hint until their last ditch panic kickstarter which then folded as the company died.
  11. Lord Nat

The issue is if you start to build up hype you have to keep it going, if you let it drop then its twice as hard to get the momentum going again. Its better to show one or two thinkgs every couple of months than 7 or 8 in one go then a 6 month period before you show the next thing. Example of how not to do it is Star Wars Armada where they announced the SSD, the next con showed it off put two articles up.... a year later still nothing more, not even a release date! It kills off any enthusiasm for the game system as a whole
  12. RuleBritannia

We got some renders and sketches at previous shows, seems a pity not to get anything new at GenCon.
  13. Overread

I'm hoping this is the quiet before the storm - esp since Dropfleet/zone is going thruogh a big update and is basically the current biggest competitor for the space and ground market (after starwars in the space market though as that is pre-painted and star wars its in a league of its own really). I agree this first half a year has been rather quiet after we got quite a bit of news in the build up to last christmas. That said I hope its just Warcradle taking their time to get things right so that we get a really powerful successful launch! It's just in that ugly phase of development where there isn't much to reliably market nor talk about in the open.
  14. Lord Nat

I'd expect/hope something at either GenCon or Spiel...... However the Radio silence is deafening...
  15. RuleBritannia

Things seem to have gone very very very quiet. The latest show report had no new DWars models and the Beta hasn't been updated in months. Are we likely to get much info shortly?
  16. RuleBritannia

Duetzefix' weird little ships

The beautiful brown speckling reminds me of Moya from Farscape. The windows are really, really good. It's an amazing fleet.
  17. Burson_Carpathian

Pierre's Enlightened

My current lot of painted Enlightened miniatures.
  18. Broadcast

UK Games Expo 2019: Recap

Warcradle Studios attended the UK Games Expo 2019 for all three days this year, resulting in a memorable weekend jampacked with a whole lot'a tabletop gaming. We ran demos for both Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars at the event, and our fantastic Warhosts showed off thrilling scenarios and beautiful table setups for both games. We were also privileged to have Parker from The Battlehammer join us once again as a Warhost and if you are interested in becoming one Click Here to find out everything you need to know. Below you can see our demo table gallery from the event for both Wild West Exodus and Dystopian Wars. Here is a peek at our display cabinet including event exclusive Jadzia Kosciuszko - Winged Hussar Captain and the upcoming Amber Clade and Death from Above posses. A visit from OnTableTopLive Our good friends over at OnTableTopLive visited us at our stand to talk all things Wild West Exodus, Dystopian Wars and of course the anticipated Lost World Exodus. Check out their interview below with Chris to find out what is coming up for the Dystopian Age and a close-up and personal look at our table setups. View the full article
  19. wilson1225

Columbus, Ohio

Are people still playing at the Guardtower east? My friend and I just started playing
  20. Duetzefix

So, as (not) promised I'm back with the big 'un, only a day late. The light is bad today which messed up my pictures, so please be kind. Oannes: From the bottom: And the whole shoal: Next up: Directorate. I guess I'll start with the gunships. I give myself time until next weekend, if I'm not back by then inform the president.
  21. Earlier
  22. Skyhawk

It was a compliment. Their very cool.
  23. Duetzefix

I like to believe that's a compliment, so thanks! Here, as promised, the Sulises: Not much to say: Today's Sulis is on the right, the other one has been finished for a few weeks already. New varnish actually helped evening out the models. Oannes coming up as soon as I get to it, so probably tomorrow. No promises, though.
  24. FgStaton

Deployment Area

Are you able to deploy inside or on top of a building that is not completely inside the deployment area?
  25. Toxic_Rat

Model availability

So, I got notice this morning that my Ryushi have been shipped. So, a five month wait, but not forgotten.
  26. Burson_Carpathian

WWX @ Tabletop Network Treffen!

Erinnerung! Morgen (08.06.2019) ist es soweit!
  27. Burson_Carpathian

After posse box

You have to add the points cost for the Gatling Guns. You'd pay 135 points if all three models were equipped with Plainswalker Crossbows.
  28. Lord Nat

Permissions to see new posts

@Phant Mastik - yep thats the same thing! I've got a message from @Warcradle Zak... they are looking into this & think they know the cause. So a big thank you to zak for getting back to me.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.