All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Warcradle has stated several times that they will not be releasing 3D models, for free, rent, buy, or any other method. While a nice idea, it's just not something that they are going to do. ZS
  3. I don't that will happen but it would be nice if warcradle would think about that . one way they could do this is to allow some one with a 3D printer to buy the data so they can print there own models . warcradle is still getting the money that is there licence and we are happy to build some of our fleets with missing models . just a thought
  4. For models that do not have a madness threshold like Maharal, The Dunsmouth Witch and Fisherman King, do they ever have to roll on the madness table when they are on their altered side?
  5. Last week
  6. So while we've all been isolated, some friends and I have picked up Tabletop Simulator. There's a few mods out there for games we play, of wildly varying quality. Some of the best seem to have had the creator 3d-scan all their models to import, which is obviously substantially easier in games with a small range of models. Others seem - and I'm guessing here - to have had the mod creator approach the company that makes the relevant game and ask for the 3D models they use to create the physical ones. I was wondering if there was any chance that Warcradle would share what would be required to create the visuals for a Firestorm Armada mod while we're all in lockdown? Spartan-era, obviously, since the Warcradle-era one has been unavoidably delayed. Assuming you guys have them, of course, I know some stuff was lost in the transfer from Spartan. My 3D modelling skills are... basic would be a generous term, so if I end up making the mod my efforts wrt the models would likely be limited to some basic colouring of panels, but if someone else around here has the skills and the inclination, I wouldn't say no to fan-created models based off the box art while I do the rest, although I imagine it would be a lot of effort for whoever signed up, hence the request for the official stuff. If this is not an acceptable thing to request, I apologise - I was just hopeful.
  7. I'm fine with helices - it's similar to how some other systems I've gamed in work/ed - but less fine with the lore and aesthetic direction my Terrans have taken. The Terran Alliance was one of my favourite fleets both aesthetically and lorewise. The Directorate (old version) one of my most loathed lorewise. I admit I'm weird, but when I play a faction I need some reason to get behind them, some reason I want them to win. And the Directorate we know? Apart from imagining the enslaved crew had seized the ships and it was operating as a free fleet, like the WWII ones but kinda in reverse? I could not find one iota of my being that wanted the Directorate to win. And aesthetically they were alright, but I much preferred the almost Hiigaran stylings of the Terran Alliance. The Terran Directorate aesthetic appeals to me much more than the base directorate, but what little we know of the lore so far seems to be a dealbreaker. So unless the lore for the Terran Directorate is very different from what I imagine it to be from what we have, looks like I'm up for a new fleet. Wonder how Sorylians play nowadays...
  8. -I have been quiet on this and now will speak my mine . true new is not always improved or if it not broke don't fix it . what is the reason for the new base when the old one worked and worked well.
  9. myrm

Fleets ahoy

Cannot get the photo to rotate, but here's a Thaniras Elf War Dragon
  10. Well don't forget I'm a discalculic retard here, so I thought from the looks of it the port/starboard arcs would be a slightly different angle than the front/aft and require different arc templates. I'll admit I'm wrong about math stuff.
  11. What are the benefits and penalties for the 'Massed Melee' & 'Massed Fire' rules please? I can see that you pool your dice together based on models in the Hand units that have the rule, but other than 'The Quick and the Dead' changing slightly for 'Massed Fire' what else should I be aware of with skills and how things are resolved if that makes sense?
  12. Why would we need 2 different templates? From my understanding, we have 6 arcs instead of 4, so each would be a 60-degree arc from that hex facing. Fore, Fore P/S, Aft P/S, Aft, instead of Fore, P/S, Aft.
  13. Earlier
  14. I just realized this means we will now need two different arc templates. I'm starting to dread what the complexity of a single template is going to look like, or if we'll have multiple templates to deal with.
  15. It is the one one the left. I can't find the quote on Facebook with the arc names, but I think the arcs are something like: Fore Aft Port/Starboard Fore (or was it Fore Port/Starboard?) Port/Starboard Aft
  16. So which way is the facing of the hex base going to go ?
  17. at this point it is the only way to go . i believe we will have something to work with . i've been wanting to get to gencom for a while and i should be retired and can spend a bit of time there by next year
  18. It is a sad note. So...who else is in for 2021? We ought to even have a working beta version by then! ZS
  19. GenCon 2020 is canceled . Hope to see you all in 2021 .
  20. Agree 100% That the rules are written for and support our old classic models is a must for me too.
  21. To dedicate a life to the sole purpose of gaining knowledge is a righteous path to excel down. Often, the need to find answers becomes an unhealthy obsession. Yet some seek the truths in their world to dominate others mentally. It becomes a powerful weapon to push inferiority onto weaker-minded beings. This path is a dangerous one, and it is the Path of Chronozon... a life of which Chester Barreman was suited highly to. Chester Barreman may have chosen this life, but the Path of Chronozon chose him. When he was younger, Chester excelled in knowledge in history, excelling further in his interest in ancient civilisations and their religions. He became engrossed by the belief system and its connections between its acolytes’ world and reality-wide. His studies into the depth of knowledge matured at an alarming rate and his thirst for knowledge became a harmful obsession. He was quick to sacrifice his sanity that he made a subconscious bargain to dig deeper. He was now unrecognisable to himself in his reflection, all that stared back at him in the mirror was the dark soulless eyes of the Chronozon. He had become stronger as the mark began to settle on him. He was renewed and reincarnated with an abundance of information. His soul still remained intact within his vessel, but he walked the life of the demon. He walked the Path of Chronozon. Led by Barreman’s protege, Lydia Heron, the followers of the Path wear masks and wear the symbols of the abyss proudly and with honour. Not only does this superficially hide their identity for the gazing eyes of others, but purges their own individuality to become one with the Path. The Path of Chronozon is home to many followers. All of which harnesses irreplaceable knowledge. All of which serve a purpose as an integral cog in their faction. Barreman has taught them that Chronozon’s function is to destroy the ego, which ensures escapism from themselves, their independence and their individuality. To gain the ability to see beyond two dimensions and drift beyond the abyss of occult cosmology. Chester has harnessed many skills to excel his knowledge and power, including mastering the art of summoning through a demonic ritual. By the sacrifice of a servant’s lucid state - a spawn of Chronozon enters into this reality. This horrific abomination is not dumb, it recognises Barreman’s mark of Chronozon and follows closely to his demands and needs. The spawn is no pet, it follows instructions from his master… it serves as an integral part of the team, just as much as his followers. A demon of the umbra, the spawn is the embodiment of the abyss in cold blood and fury. Its versatility allows it to sweep through any environment with ease and stealth with the aid of its vorpal teeth and claws. A powerful ally for a powerful team. As Chester guides his way through the Path of Chronozon, he is not naive to the fact that there are more factions are arising, as The Shadow War looms overhead. They too have hope of success and harnessing the power of Mythos. His grasp and understanding has opened his eyes further to the larger skirmish between the imminent awakening of the Gods of old, and their mortal pawns. This is no battle like those of men. This battle is due to be something more sinister and insidious. The servants of the Chronozon are prepared for the creatures that lurk behind their Gods… and wish to gain supremacy in the constant struggle of this war. The Path of Chronozon Faction Set is available now, from Wayland Games and your FLGS, so be sure to find your closest store with our store locator. View the full article
  22. Some other stuff for those of you who don't facebook: 8th Faction is Stormzone Coalition, and it is essentially the Mercenary faction where every other league/alliance faction goes. Can build a fleet composed of helixes from any of the coalition races, allowing you to mix Kedorian, Terquai, Tarakian, etc. Stormzone Coalition is allied in order to stay on even power terms with the main factions, but that doesn't mean they have the same goals or even like each other. Many internal power struggles. Ryuushi still dislike the Kedorians and only remote in to their Coalition meetings since their city ships are used as sites for those. Each race within the Stormzone Coalition has different preferences for the main factions, meaning they will work with some main factions and not others. A fleet from the 7 main factions can include 1 helix from a Stormzone Coalition race that will work for them. All factions have Shields to some extent. Shields are not dice based, so they are no longer like a save, but we do not know exactly how they are represented yet. A'quan are now living ships that are born in space and feed on stellar matter, no longer having their aquatic species fluff or any crew. Over time, A'quan collect material that they use to increase in size. The young are fighters, the juveniles are equivalent of frigates, adults the equivalent of cruisers and other mediums, and Elders are equivalent of battleships/carriers. Dreadnoughts are called Ancients. Aesthetic is split between at least two types, the Vo'Narr and the Ce'Sara. Ce'Sara Battleship design is essentially like the Poseidon-class, and the Vo'Narr Ancient is like the Medusa. A'quan are the oldest of the races and have a line of though and culture that is beyond most other civilizations understanding. This makes it hard to communicate with them; they are capable of having an exchange with the other races, its just that their perceptions of time and space, concepts like territory and family, etc. are so different that they have problems reaching a satisfying understanding. Humans made the mistake of treating them like space whales to be hunted for generations, so as a result they will attack all Terran and Dindrenzi ships on sight. Soryllians consider defeating them to be a major career booster so they are also not on good terms with them. Relthoza no longer cloak. They are doubling down on nanotechnology self repair and space folding/shunt. Each individual Relthoza helix can select from one of several ruleset themes based on their ability to do a trick with their hull or the space around them. We don't know what the Relthoza tricks are yet. Veydreth are the main cloaking race now. Classic Terran Alliance is a sub theme of the Terran Directorate, called Kurak Engineering. Classic Directorate is a sub theme as well, called Sabulon Systems. Rense System Navy is a sub theme of Dindrenzi, unsurprisingly. Long term plans for the Firestorm universe currently only involve Armada. There are currently no plans considered for Planetfall at this time.
  23. My newly found Hex, beginning with a Hex Beast and Marie Laveau.
  24. While we are at it How about a Grizzlegator
  25. Salut tous le monde. Le projet continue, nous avons créé un groupe Facebook : Wild West Exodus & Lost World Exodus France. Vous y trouverez les réalisations des membres en terme de peinture et décors et y poster les vôtres. De plus dans la sections fichiers y sont hébergés les traductions en français (non-officielles) des cartes aventures, de l'errata de la version 1.09, des cartes règles communes et traits d'armes et des cartes de factions (incluant l'armurerie et les thème de bandes). Les factions suivantes ont été traduite : Enlightened, Lawmen, Order, Outlaws, Union et Watchers. Seront finis sous peu les Hex et et la Warrior Nation. Et comme le dit l'ami Greenblade : "Venez nombreux !"
  26. I would li,e to make a request. Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
  27. Latest tidbit out of Warcradle is that each Helix will consist of a command squadron (BB, BC, DN, or CV), cruiser squadron (or equivalent), and a frigate or destroyer squadron (or equivalent). I'm assuming that says more about the models in the box than exactly what miniatures you must take in your fleet.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.