The FSA Electra was formerly CSS Little Rebel an early Cotton-clad ram that had been converted from a Mississippi River steamer to serve as the flagship of the Confederate River Defence Fleet in the Civil War. Sent from New Orleans to defend against the Federal descent of the Mississippi, she was among the force that engaged vessels of the Union Army's Western Gunboat Flotilla at the Battle of Plum Point Bend on May 10, 1862. On June 6, she again was involved in an action with the Federal gunboats, this time at the Battle of Memphis. In the battle, a shot from a Federal gun pierced her boiler, disabling her, and she was then pushed aground by the Federal ram USS Monarch and captured.
Subsequently repaired and taken into the Union Navy, she served through the remainder of the war, seeing only limited action. After the war, she repatriated into the FSA and after several refits the FSA Electra bears little resemblance to the former Little Rebel, other than the ships bell it is hard to tell if anything of the original Little Rebel remains.
The Little Rebel was assigned in 1865 to be the standing Escort ships to the FSA Mallory; on request of Admiral/General Raphael Semmes the FSA Little Rebel renamed the FSA Electra, Electra being the name of one of his daughters. Shortly after Semmes requested that 2 more newly built Escort ships be assigned to his Dreadnought, these ships were named again on Semmes request the FSA Anne & FSA Elizabeth after his wife and remanding daughter how both shared the names Anne Elizabeth